'24 FL CB Cai Bates (FSU Commit)

Great post last year we had a solid to good defense that was strong against the run with an all time great offense… this year we have a really good defense wish we could see it with pilli I think he would’ve made this defense elite but the really good defense is coupled with a great running offense and mediocre pass offense with a penalty prone offense in the redzone… I know Heup is a really great coach and I believe we will put together on both sides of the ball likely next year but I really believe strongly that nico’s jr year with all of Heup’s players will truly be the year we could be the absolute best team in the nation… I’m glad even with Joes struggles that Nico gets to sit and learn… I think he will be much better than joe because he has a better feel for the game in the pocket on the run he is just much smoother and more or a playmaker but he can learn a whole lot about the preparation of being a college Qb as joe… I think he coupled with a very athletic defense will dominate in CJH system he will be groomed for it.
Your comment about Nico being better than Joe on the run is spot on. Joe simply does not make plays when forced out of the pocket. I believe Nico has the ability to make plays in the pocket and on the move. Going to be a game changer that takes the offense to a level Joe simply hasn’t been able to achieve.

Your comment about Nico being better than Joe on the run is spot on. Joe simply does not make plays when forced out of the pocket. I believe Nico has the ability to make plays in the pocket and on the move. Going to be a game changer that takes the offense to a level Joe simply hasn’t been able to achieve.
I just hope he can read a defense well. If so, the sky's the limit.

In the secondary Tennessee would like to add one more cornerback which is why they continue to pursue Cai Bates and Jaren Sensabaugh, who are committed to a LSU and Vanderbilt, respectively. Bates has said he will be back up for the Georgia game. We will see if that happens. We expect Sensabaugh to potentially officially visit in December.
-VQ

Cai Bates continues to have phenomenal dialogue with the Tennessee defensive staff. He speaks regularly with Willie Martinez and Brian Jean Mary. We will continue to reiterate that a potential visit would be a game changer in terms of a potential flip from LSU. It certainly feels like he could go the Ondre Evans route in terms of just one big switch, instead of a de-commitment and then a period of time before another pledge. Both Florida and Florida State continue to be a presence with him as well. His mom is back living in Birmingham, which makes Tennessee an easy destination for the family if he decided to make the move.
-VQ

LSU commitment Cai Bates is talking to Tennessee a ton. The entire defensive staff along with Josh Heupel have been in heavy dialogue with him. He is definitely coming to town with his family for the Georgia game but we aren’t ruling out the chance he makes it in this weekend. He told us on Thursday that he and a teammate may try to come up tomorrow for the noon kickoff. We will see if he makes it up tomorrow but clearly the Vols have his attention.
-VQ

VN Store

Back