Florida Courthouses - Masks for Everyone

ClearwaterVol

I have a jury trial this month. This will make jury selection and reading a jury difficult.

I have a jury trial this month. This will make jury selection and reading a jury difficult.
The approach to voir dire is prejudicial. The whole process should be as anonymous as possible. The judge can ask the potential jurors about bias, comprehension, grasp of our legal system, and ability to perform their duties. Any questions the attorneys want to ask, should be done not knowing juror names and be answered via a device or officer of the court which obscures the potential juror's age, gender, and ethnicity.

Reactions: AshG
The approach to voir dire is prejudicial. The whole process should be as anonymous as possible. The judge can ask the potential jurors about bias, comprehension, grasp of our legal system, and ability to perform their duties. Any questions the attorneys want to ask, should be done not knowing juror names and be answered via a device or officer of the court which obscures the potential juror's age, gender, and ethnicity.

Yes and no. The issue is that many people are afraid to expose their own bias unless you can relate to them on somewhat of a personal level. I have gotten people to admit there is no situation in which they would ever award pain and suffering damages.

If yall just offered Chinese knock off Air Jordans and Gucci whatever free with a vax shot you'd still have maskless jury selection.

Reactions: ClearwaterVol

VN Store

Back