Florida goes even deeper off the deep end of deep insanity

lawgator1

Florida bill would require bloggers who write about governor, legislators to register with the state

Know who is behind political ads for GOP candidates? No way, Jose!

But that guy with the twitter account who criticizes Heir DeSantis? He must register!

nra-88th-div.gif

Wouldn’t a better title be “One dumbass in Florida proposes ludacris bill that won’t hold up in court” ? Youre acting like this has broad support and has already passed. I know it’s difficult for you, but try to do better

With your political leanings, I think California would be more your liking.

Now that you mention it, I wonder if this is much anti-Trump as anything else. Maybe they got word Trump was preparing to unleash a bunch of blog attacks.

I don't think it's quite as presented by the OP.

"If a blogger posts to a blog about an elected state officer and receives, or will receive, compensation for that post, the blogger must register" with the appropriate office within five days of the post, the legislation says.

“Paid bloggers are lobbyists who write instead of talk. They both are professional electioneers. If lobbyists have to register and report, why shouldn’t paid bloggers?”

I understand the premise of the argument but I can't condone it and frankly don't see how it'd hold up legally anyway.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back