Florida Mertz

Gatoringa

First of all I am a Gator through and through but I also understand reality. Just asking have any of you looked at Saturday Down South? There’s a guy on there who goes by docgator and he actually mentioned today Mertz and Heisman in the same sentence. You talk about delusional!!!!!
Good Gosh what a leap of stupidity

First of all I am a Gator through and through but I also understand reality. Just asking have any of you looked at Saturday Down South? There’s a guy on there who goes by docgator and he actually mentioned today Mertz and Heisman in the same sentence. You talk about delusional!!!!!
1000001968.gif

If the season only consisted of games played on October 12th, he would probably have a really good chance at getting the Heisman for how he will play against us.

Was the sentence “Mertz has exactly 0.0% chance of winning the Heisman trophy unless…he plays every down like it’s 2023 and it’s 3rd and 12 versus Tennessee and he gets 13.”?

I think Miami is a must win for you all, if you win it, your path to 6 wins and a bowl game is better than a coin flip, imo. If you lose it, you are probably looking at 4 wins. But as long as we beat you guys, I don't care, no offense.

The “we can’t beat Florida” mantra gets really tiresome. Since we have hired a competent coach, we have won at home and lost on the road. No reason that we should not win at home this year. We do need to figure out how to steal a win in the Swamp occasionally, especially while Gators are struggling. But, I hope after this year we can put the Florida curse to rest.

VOL through and through here! Mertz is a fine QB but he just doesn't have the supporting cast. Not much to work with...Sorry but true, the lizards are in for a hard season...Dat schedule!!!! Brutal.

As always,

GBO

Reactions: VolPack22
VOL through and through here! Mertz is a fine QB but he just doesn't have the supporting cast. Not much to work with...Sorry but true, the lizards are in for a hard season...Dat schedule!!!! Brutal.

As always,

GBO
I’ve no love for the Gators, but I agree, that schedule is ridiculously Brutal!

Hell, at this point why not make it perfect and replace Samford with Bama, Ohio State, or Oregon on the road? /s

Mertz looked better against us last year than he did against anyone else…I’ve been watching this series long enough to know that they’ll play better against us than they do against anyone else next year…the question will be can we get enough stops and put up enough points…hopefully (for the first time in my 43 years of existence) we’ll put it all together and embarrass their asses

The “we can’t beat Florida” mantra gets really tiresome. Since we have hired a competent coach, we have won at home and lost on the road. No reason that we should not win at home this year. We do need to figure out how to steal a win in the Swamp occasionally, especially while Gators are struggling. But, I hope after this year we can put the Florida curse to rest.
Well Fulmer couldn’t do it,

Even more tiresome is the mantra that we will beat them this year. especially when yall get super ticked when we lose and can't understand how it happens.

we should have beat them last year. that is consistently our worse game. even when we beat them in '22, we started playing like crap at the end and they came back.

Even more tiresome is the mantra that we will beat them this year. especially when yall get super ticked when we lose and can't understand how it happens.

we should have beat them last year. that is consistently our worse game. even when we beat them in '22, we started playing like crap at the end and they came back.
Our last convincing win over them was 2003, and then 1992 before that. Mind-boggling.

And it's perhaps a stretch to call the 2003 win convincing. 14 points, but one of our TDs was a Hail Mary as time expired in the first half, and it was a one-possession game in the fourth quarter.

Who’s “y’all”?

And, I am not guaranteeing a win just arguing that some curse that transcends teams and coaches is not real.

Reactions: KptVFL
Never 0-12.. they always find a way to beat us.... or we find a way to beat ourselves.

Not sure if it is Florida or the first SEC Opponent. Whenever Florida hasn't been our first SEC opponent (2001, 2004, etc.) we have done very well and won it.

Under that logic, Oklahoma will be our Florida game this year.

Reactions: greenbacknative

VN Store

Back