Florida Pitcher ejected 4 games

Yes, they continually talked about it in the USC-UF game last nite. Not a Florida fan at all, but I think it was a pretty chicken sh** call by the umpire. 4 games is a little ridiculous.
It is ridiculous, but in a perverted kind of way, I want to think of it as last years UT's reaching out from the past to take a swipe at the gators. Our antics were way, way beyond a fist pump and the author of that article pointed that out and it's likely why the ncaa is taking this stance. Combined with our brutal schedule which, again, was no accident, along with the very, very tight strike zone from the umpires, it's a not so subtle message that these sorts of antics aren't going to fly anymore and Tony V and Anderson are gonna have to control themselves a bit better. Still, I'm proud that we were able to poke the bear and get such a response. Having said that, I hope they won't slam us again with the schedule next year and the umps will stop squeezing us after this season.

Yes, they continually talked about it in the USC-UF game last nite. Not a Florida fan at all, but I think it was a pretty chicken sh** call by the umpire. 4 games is a little ridiculous.
A look into the ump's background and history with anything Fla. might shed some light on the subject. (meaning anything Fla. not just the U of F)

What most people don’t know, is there were previously warnings to both dugouts for all of the chirping. The pitcher was looking into the USC dugout and directed his taunts directly to them. It wasn’t as innocent as folks are acting. Cheering or yelling in celebration is one thing, but taunting the other team after both teams had been warned, is different. With that said, I think the umpire overreacted but there’s more to the story.

Last edited:
What most people don’t know, is there were previously warnings to both dugouts for all of the chirping. The pitcher was looking into the USC dugout and directed his taunts directly to them. It wasn’t as innocent as folks are acting. Cheering or yelling in celebration is one thing, but taunting the other team after both teams had been warned, is different. With that said, I think the umpire over but there’s more to the story.
Just when we were having a great time bashing the NCAA and umpires you come along and drop a turd in the punch bowl. Thanks, Taylor.

Just when we were having a great time bashing the NCAA and umpires you come along and drop a turd in the punch bowl. Thanks, Taylor.
LOL. I generally agree that the men in blue are exerting themselves into the game WAY TOO MUCH and are taking the fun out of the game with not allowing team celebrations, or showing emotion after a big HR, a huge strikeout, etc. When I see an umpire yell at a hitter for celebrating a HR, it ticks me off. “Let the boys play!“. Players just don’t need to be directing it to the opposing team’s dugout.

I think what added to it was some of ours from last year because they have had three different altercations this year, including Caglione, flipping off the Miami player, which was big time.

Reactions: VolPack22
It is ridiculous, but in a perverted kind of way, I want to think of it as last years UT's reaching out from the past to take a swipe at the gators. Our antics were way, way beyond a fist pump and the author of that article pointed that out and it's likely why the ncaa is taking this stance. Combined with our brutal schedule which, again, was no accident, along with the very, very tight strike zone from the umpires, it's a not so subtle message that these sorts of antics aren't going to fly anymore and Tony V and Anderson are gonna have to control themselves a bit better. Still, I'm proud that we were able to poke the bear and get such a response. Having said that, I hope they won't slam us again with the schedule next year and the umps will stop squeezing us after this season.
Pretty sure we will have LSU and Arkansas again.

VN Store

Back