Florida

tvolsfan

VN GURU
Any chance they beat Bama and get screwed out of the national title for two Big 12 teams? I can see OU jumping past Florida. It would be unfortunate to see a rematch. I don't think it will happen, but it seems possible.

so UF will beat the #1 team in the country for the SEC title (while sitting at #3) and not make the NC game? No way that happens

Not to say I wouldn't absolutely love for that to happen... but I doubt it does.

You don't think it is possible at all that OU jumps UF and holds off. I don't think it's likely, but it seeems possible...

They may jump them temporarily, but I'd imagine that if Florida wins the SEC title over the #1 team, that'll put them ahead of at least one of the Big 12 teams.

They may jump them temporarily, but I'd imagine that if Florida wins the SEC title over the #1 team, that'll put them ahead of at least one of the Big 12 teams.

I agree. I think OU goes to #2 and UF jumps Texas and grabs the #3 spot. IF they beat bama then they would be #1 no question. I think barring a miracle it will be an SEC vs.Big XXII championship game. I guess it's possible to have a Texas OU rematch, but very unlikely. And I guess it's possible to have a bama UF rematch. Also highly unlikely.

I predict Bama, UF, OU and Texas will be the 1-4 rankings this week. OU will jump Texas, but I don't see them jumping UF the way they've been playing lately.

Assuming Bama doesn't tank against Auburn, and UF against FSU, then the winner of the SECCG will play whoever.

Last edited:
after this week, the top four will be populated by big 12 and sec teams. Assuming OU beats mizzou in the big 12 title game, the winner of the sec title game would face them...so UF would not get left out.

While both Texas and OU will both be high up there, if they avoided doing a same conference bcs title game before, something tells me they'll avoid doing it again...

Do you think OU will jump over Texas? So much for the head-to head match meaning anything..

Any chance they beat Bama and get screwed out of the national title for two Big 12 teams? I can see OU jumping past Florida. It would be unfortunate to see a rematch. I don't think it will happen, but it seems possible.

Even if OU jumps them they're still #3. If they beat Bama in the SECCG they move up to #2.

It's highly unlikely that Texas and OU jump them since they are in the same conference(nobody wants to see an all-Big 12 NC game...not to mention a rematch game at that) and the powers that be respect the SEC so much

I predict Bama, UF, OU and Texas will be the 1-4 rankings this week. OU will jump Texas, but I don't see them jumping UF the way they've been playing lately.

Assuming Bama doesn't tank against Auburn, and UF against FSU, then the winner of the SECCG will play whoever.

Are you saying they will be 1-4 in that order?

I think OU will be #2 and it would be a crock if they aren't.

GO GATORS!

there is no possible way i could ever go for bama in anything. i hate florida, but i hate bama 10 fold more than florida

Should Florida and Bama win their last game, the SEC championship winner will be in. If the Big 12 South winner wins the Big 12, they will be in. The only interesting scenario is if the Big 12 South rep loses in the conference championship game. Would USC or the second play Big 12 South team go??

Not going to matter. OU will lose to Ok State Saturday.

Could....but Stoops has fell in that trap before, surely he will have em ready this year. Hat, I'll have to disagree on this one. OU will squeak it out.

The only way Florida wins the SEC and doesn't play for the national title is if they gag on Florida State.

I'm with Hat on this week's Oklahoma/State game. Come to think of it, we were also in agreement that Texas would beat Oklahoma.

VN Store

Back