Food for thought

So were gonna win?! Yessss wooohooo

I honestly don't think Notre dame was that good last year, they were a product of a 75% weak schedule, bad ref calls and getting extremely lucky and they found a way to beat Stanford which found a way to beat Oregon.

I think we have a better shot then most give us.

Reactions: 2 people
Sooooo you're factoring in the play of 3 other teams to determine the outcome of our game?

I honestly don't think Notre dame was that good last year, they were a product of a 75% weak schedule, bad ref calls and getting extremely lucky and they found a way to beat Stanford which found a way to beat Oregon.

I think we have a better shot then most give us.

Notre Dame had a legit schedule last year. I believe their SOS ranking at year's end was in the Top 10.

Ya because USC was ranked number one in the country, we found out what happen there.

In reply to above poster^^

Ya because USC was ranked number one in the country, we found out what happen there.

In reply to above poster^^

:ermm: Not sure if serious?

I don't even think USC was ranked by the time ND had them on their schedule. If they were, they would have been in the 20's by that point.

Their SOS was affected more by some of the other teams they played last year.

I don't think you understand how SOS works.

I think I do, 8/12 of the teams they played were unranked, they only played one top 10 team and almost lost to a pitiful Pittsburg team.

Did I mention they basically gave up as many points to Alabama as Sal's defense did in the NT game?

Notre Dame was and is in no way, shape or form a great football team. Decent or you could even make the argument for good.

Notre Dame was and is in no way, shape or form a great football team. Decent or you could even make the argument for good.

You can certainly make the argument that they were not a great football team. They got romped in the NT game, and that defense of theirs got exposed.

The SOS question, however, is not really disputable. Unlike many years in the last decade, they played a legit schedule.

I think I do, 8/12 of the teams they played were unranked, they only played one top 10 team and almost lost to a pitiful Pittsburg team.

Bama also played 8 unranked teams. 2 of those were in the top 10. I don't think you can assert that Bama only made it to the championship game b/c of a weak schedule.

Reactions: 1 person
In 2012
Tennessee<<<<<Alabama

Alabama>>>>>>Notre Dame

Notre Dame>Stanford

Stanford>Oregon

Just sayin..

So..what does that make us to Oregon.
...::In steps Darth Duck .."absolutely nothing, which is what your going to be"

I think in reality we have a 20% chance @ an upset.
Depends on our offense showing up for both halves, and our defense getting O2 between series. The rest other things, I think haas been planned and prepared for as best they can.
Maggit and Mo will be a big factor for on field motivation. This is team 117's 1st game with out home support on defense.

VN Store

Back