Football Season 2005

surrealvol

Hey gang:

What with USC losing five or so coaches and trying to put the staff on the same page, Auburn and Oklahoma having to replace some really key people, and everybody else just waiting to kick it off, who do you realistically see as having the best chances to make it through next year without a loss?

I am beginning to think that the two teams in the national championship just might each have a loss for the first time. That would sort of tickle me (Not as much as if we went perfecto mundo) if about ten teams each had one loss. Good grief, what would the BCStus do?

Anyway, who do you see as having the best chance? Undefeated. Think about it!

Oh, by the way, which bowl is hosting the NC next year?

How many times am I going to edit this same message? Here's another thought. What if only one team finishes with no losses. What in the heck would happen in regard to picking among all the one-loss teams?

Everything you describe has happened before. In 98 we were the only undefeated team an FSU got the nod as a once-beaten. In 2003, LSU and OU both had one loss and got picked over USC. With the BCS there are no guarantees. In 98 I remember praying someone would lose so we could get in. If UCLA and K-State don't lose, UT never gets to the Fiesta. But I always believe UT will go undefeated, well until we lose. At least it worked in 98.

We have a good opportunity to go undefeated next year......Texas, USC, and as much as I hate to say it....Miami hasa good chance to go undefeated as well

Lousville will probably go undeafeated in that weak big east conference the only way they wont go undefeated is if their nonconference games are at OU or USC

Syracuse will be their only competition in the Big East.....That's a big reason why Miami was so good when they were in the Big East, well looked good I should say....They got in a tougher conference and you seen how good they really were....I've always thought they were overrated

Miami will not go undefeated. I don't think they are capable of beating both Virginia Tech AND FSU. Texas or Ohio State will make it, but not both. One of them is bound to have one loss because they meet early next year. USC still has a good shot at going undefeated simply because of the sheer amount of talent they've built up. If Tennessee goes undefeated, the Vols WILL be in the Rose Bowl. Period. If we have one loss, we still have an outside shot but I think Tennessee is a Sugar Bowl team this next season. If Ohio State takes out Texas and Tennessee loses one, I predict Ohio State will make the Rose Bowl. If Texas wins at The OSU, I believe they will go to the Rose Bowl again.

Tennessee is in a really good spot next season; Y'all had better hope that OSU takes out Texas early, because I don't think that any team can go undefeated in the Big Ten next season. That will be our best window.

I know USC has a boatload of talent, but I just think all those coaching changes will be just enough of a deterrent to slip in at least one loss somewhere.

USC finished their schedule for 2005.

2005 USC Football Schedule

Day Date Opponent Location TV Outcome/Time
Sat 09/03/2005 Hawai'i Honolulu, Hi. TBA
Sat 09/17/2005 Arkansas L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 09/24/2005 Oregon Eugene, Ore. TBA
Sat 10/01/2005 Arizona State Tempe, Ariz. TBA
Sat 10/08/2005 Arizona L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 10/15/2005 Notre Dame South Bend, Ind. NBC-TV 2:30 p.m. EST
Sat 10/22/2005 Washington Seattle, Wash. TBA
Sat 10/29/2005 Washington State (Homecoming) L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 11/05/2005 Stanford L.A. Coliseum TBA
Sat 11/12/2005 California Berkeley, Calif. TBA
Sat 11/19/2005 Fresno State L.A. coliseum TBA
Sat 12/03/2005 UCLA L.A. Coliseum TBA

I'd think that Oregon is a big potential threat, as well as Notre Dame, Cal and UCLA.

Notre Dame, Cal and UCLA are all rival games though aren't they? Anything can happen in those games.....They should make it through their schedule undefeated though....and don't forget Arkansas as a potential upset....Arkansas gets ready to play they could be tough for them

Yeah Ainge, I think you hit it right on the head. I just cant see USC going undefeated again. Please correct me if I am wrong but no one has ever won the A.P. national championship three years in a row. They will get upseted, but by who i have no idea.

The Notre Dame game is probably the best chance for an upset......Why? I say because its in South Bend.....We have to go to South Bend also....USC will get lose one game....And I truly think it will be by either Notre Dame or Arkansas

Don't forget Arizona state. If they can finally live up to there hype, they could be a dangerous team. USC only has 6 home games. I think where they are gonna lose is the strech of playing Arkansas, then going to Orgeon and Arizona state.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc+Feb 12, 2005 8:13 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kiddiedoc @ Feb 12, 2005 8:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Feb 10, 2005 7:43 PM
Tennessee is in a really good spot next season

Uh, have you SEEN our schedule??? :dunno: [/quote]
I would put many for Tennessee against every single team on the schedule next season. I think, entering the third year of USC dominance over the Pac-10, USC will not weaken but the teams on their schedule will step up to try and win. The Trojans managed to stop an otherwise brilliant Arizona State offense last year, but 10 of 11 starters are returning for the Sun Devils. They really need that defense, though. I just can&#39;t help but feel like :banghead: when I think about Belotti.

VN Store

Back