For Those Of You With High Def

Volunteer

You would think with as much money as they make off of the tournament, you would think these guys could have all of the games in high def. I know I'm bitchin but............

I never have thought CBS's high def is that great. The ESPN college games look better than that last one did.

i have dish and u have to buy a freakin one thousand dollar reciever to watch high def. stupid. i bought my big screen and cant even use it properly. :bs:

CBS's HD is nothing to write home about. INHD and ESPNHD blow it away from what I've seen so far.

And yeah, why the f* aren't all the games in HD.

To continue, the production this year is pitiful. Switching over while announcers are mid sentence, ads for Elvis at volumes 3x the game coming on the screen.

At least you know the folks down at the Masters will pony up and get enough HD cameras out there.

hell, in ten years everything will be high def and we will be complaining about whatever the new stuff is.

virtual b-ball or something like that. u can actually be courtside but be in ur house at the same time. :rocks:

hey i patent that.

Originally posted by DrRosenRosen@Mar 17, 2005 10:19 PM
At least you know the folks down at the Masters will pony up and get enough HD cameras out there.

Oh yes, I can almost smell the Augusta grass already. . . .

ESPNHD is pretty spectacular -- I saw a game at somebody's house earlier in the year and it was just about like watching the game live through a press box window. Been quite happy with digital cable, 'course we're not quite in the sticks like you, Charly.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Mar 17, 2005 9:03 PM
i have dish and u have to buy a freakin one thousand dollar reciever to watch high def. stupid. i bought my big screen and cant even use it properly. :bs:

I had Directv and just bought a new big screen. They wanted to charge me $350 for the recievers. Luckily I can get cable here and got it all for free!!!!

Originally posted by Volunteer@Mar 18, 2005 6:03 AM
Boys, I'll be getting the Masters in real High Def this year. Tickets on Saturday.

Need a friend?

Originally posted by kiddiedoc+Mar 18, 2005 12:07 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kiddiedoc @ Mar 18, 2005 12:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volunteer@Mar 18, 2005 6:03 AM
Boys, I&#39;ll be getting the Masters in real High Def this year.  Tickets on Saturday.

Need a friend? [/quote]
No kidding . . . this will be the first time in several years that I won&#39;t be at the Masters. :bad: But I do have a hookup to go to the Heritage the next week at Hilton Head, so all is not lost.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Mar 17, 2005 10:03 PM

I have DishNetwork coming out next week for an install...Got 2 of the 811 High def receivers free of charge. It may be for new subscribers only...not sure

Doc,
i had to plead and beg my father (I am 33) to give me the extra ticket. I don&#39;t think I could sneak you in the gate. Sorry dude.

Originally posted by holdemvol+Mar 18, 2005 1:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holdemvol @ Mar 18, 2005 1:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-checkerboard_charly@Mar 17, 2005 10:03 PM

I have DishNetwork coming out next week for an install...Got 2 of the 811 High def receivers free of charge. It may be for new subscribers only...not sure [/quote]
that is some :bs:

they freaking kill the ppl who have already signed up.

not fair.

oh well life is a b***h, then u marry one. :(

Bought my HD receiver at NOW electronics, which is now Tweeter, before anything was HD. It is a Hughes, and at the time was about &#036;350. What pisses me off is that 6, 8 and 10 from K-Town are not in HD on Direc-tv, and to get the networks in HD you have to get a waiver from the Knoxville stations and even if you get it Direc-tv charges an extra &#036;2.25 per month per channel. They have a friggin monopoly if you ask me. :bad:

Originally posted by 9296potsguy@Mar 18, 2005 11:16 PM
I don&#39;t want to sound like a salesman, but I&#39;ve got voom and am happy with it. The receivers were free, I think it is www.voom.com

How much longer is VOOM going to be on air? I saw that cablevision recently announced they are shutting it down because they can&#39;t anyone to subscribe.

About CBS&#39;s HD offering so far for this tournament, one word sums it up. Deplorable. It&#39;s pitiful. You never know when it goes to commercial if you&#39;ll actually get the HD feed when you come back. The first 3 or 4 minutes of the Louisville game was in HD, then WVLT decided to jump around the CBS SD feeds. Then, we get 5-10 minutes of the Louisville game in SD. Then, after the next commercial, back to HD.

This is pathetic. I swear ESPNHD really puts this crap to shame. Hell, even the HD highschool games that have been on INHD have blown this garbage away.

CBS&#39;s cameras are also horrible. They seem to constantly loose focus.

Originally posted by DrRosenRosen+Mar 18, 2005 7:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrRosenRosen &#064; Mar 18, 2005 7:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-9296potsguy@Mar 18, 2005 11:16 PM
I don&#39;t want to sound like a salesman, but I&#39;ve got voom and am happy with it.  The receivers were free, I think it is www.voom.com

How much longer is VOOM going to be on air? I saw that cablevision recently announced they are shutting it down because they can&#39;t anyone to subscribe.

About CBS&#39;s HD offering so far for this tournament, one word sums it up. Deplorable. It&#39;s pitiful. You never know when it goes to commercial if you&#39;ll actually get the HD feed when you come back. The first 3 or 4 minutes of the Louisville game was in HD, then WVLT decided to jump around the CBS SD feeds. Then, we get 5-10 minutes of the Louisville game in SD. Then, after the next commercial, back to HD.

This is pathetic. I swear ESPNHD really puts this crap to shame. Hell, even the HD highschool games that have been on INHD have blown this garbage away.

CBS&#39;s cameras are also horrible. They seem to constantly loose focus.[/quote]
Maybe the camaraperson is smashed. :eek:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 19, 2005 1:12 AM
Maybe the camaraperson is smashed. :eek:
:lol:

Maybe, but it was happening last night as well. It&#39;s when they do a slight voom which is completely pointless in the first place. Oh well. It&#39;s just crazy when the best HD available nowdays is on ESPN of all places. SportsCenter HD should be given to every station to copy. It&#39;s an incredibly produced show.

HD issues aside, we got some good b-ball tonight. I wish they&#39;d show some of the Vermont game. I think I&#39;m going to the bar to see the GA Tech for a night cap. The Miss St. game just doesn&#39;t interest me.

VN Store

Back