Ford Jr. or Corker???

duckman398686

VN's One and Only
I'm surprised nobody has started as thread about this. Personally I'm still at a crossroads with who I am going to vote for come November. Corker seems like he has good moral values and says that he will work to get the job done. However, many people view Corker as liar and someone who doesnt work hard enought to make a difference. Ford seems more like the person who will work harder to satisfy us. However, I also read somewhere that he is against gay marriage, but is for amending some of their rights....... I dunno about you, but I have a problem with the last statement. There's alot of time before decision day, but who are y'all leaning towards????? :dunno:

They both suck, but Ford comes from a crooked family for sure. As usual it is voting for the lesser of 2 evils. Guess I would have to go for Corker.

(duckman398686 @ Aug 6 said:
I'm surprised nobody has started as thread about this. Personally I'm still at a crossroads with who I am going to vote for come November. Corker seems like he has good moral values and says that he will work to get the job done. However, many people view Corker as liar and someone who doesnt work hard enought to make a difference. Ford seems more like the person who will work harder to satisfy us. However, I also read somewhere that he is against gay marriage, but is for amending some of their rights....... I dunno about you, but I have a problem with the last statement. There's alot of time before decision day, but who are y'all leaning towards????? :dunno:

The Ford family = Corruption

(hatvol96 @ Aug 6 said:
I'm not sure that argument helps the Party of Abramoff much.

I don't think you'd be quite as smug if you saw a list of Abramoff's Democratic contributions.

Didn't Ford's father have something to do with watergate?

I can't remember what exactly...

~*Crystal*~

as of right now, neither. Corker seems like a weak canidate to go up against Ford Jr.

Ford Jr.'s Uncle was apart of the Tennessee Waltz scandal and his Aunt had dead people and people outside her district voting for her re-election.

Great family, huh?

(GAVol @ Aug 6 said:
I don't think you'd be quite as smug if you saw a list of Abramoff's Democratic contributions.
Not being smug. I'm not a Democrat. The fact is, the Abramoff mess has fallen on the GOP's head. Were there contibutions to Democrats? Of course. Any lobbyist worth his platinum cufflinks knows you spread the money around. However, public perception sticks this one on the Republicans. McCain was one of the key players in the Keating S&L scandal, but most people remember that as a mess of the Democrats' making. It's all about perception. Reality is totally irrelevant.

(duckman398686 @ Aug 6 said:

Ford had already made public his attempts to penalize corporations for being capitalists. That is enough of a reason, for myself, to give my vote to the other candidate.

(hatvol96 @ Aug 7 said:
Not being smug. I'm not a Democrat. The fact is, the Abramoff mess has fallen on the GOP's head. Were there contibutions to Democrats. Of course. Any lobbyist worth his platinum cufflinks knows you spread the money around. However, public perception sticks this one on the Republicans. McCain was one of the key players in the Keating S&L scandal, but most people remember that as a mess of the Democrats making. It's all about perception. Reality is totally irrelevant.

Sadly, you are 100% correct.

I think they both really suck, but I can't stand Bob Corker. I guess I'll vote for Ford.

(Orange-Neck @ Aug 7 said:
I think they both really suck, but I can't stand Bob Corker. I guess I'll vote for Ford.

:bad:

just dont vote at all

there are a lot of people in my family that are worthless, that doesn't make me a bad person. i am sure you can all say the same, therefore the "his family is bad so he must be bad" argument is invalid.

(emainvol @ Aug 7 said:
there are a lot of people in my family that are worthless, that doesn't make me a bad person. i am sure you can all say the same, therefore the "his family is bad so he must be bad" argument is invalid.

agreed.

First, all politicians are crooked, some just get caught.
Second, I believe Corker's office was involved in one or two very shady financial dealings while he was Mayor of Chattanooga.

That being said, do not vote based on who is crooked or not. Vote based on who you believe will do the least harm to the Constitution.

Unfortunately, I do not know which major politcal stance is worse: basing your election on getting rid of illegal immigrants or upon levying higher taxes upon successful corporations...

VN Store

Back