Former Tennessee Volunteers Quarterback Retires from Football

Tough luck. Best of luck to him

Multiple knee surgeons, and a pending a complete UCL Reconstruction surgery is forcing to call quits to football for good.

Tough luck. Best of luck to him

Multiple knee surgeons, and a pending a complete UCL Reconstruction surgery is forcing to call quits to football for good.
Didn’t he also have multiple concussions when he played here? I remember him as a thought kid - fiercely competitive.

Good luck to him going forward.

Didn’t he also have multiple concussions when he played here? I remember him as a thought kid - fiercely competitive.

He took a forearm shiver to the back of the head, while lying face down from Alabama his freshman year. He was having a decent game until then.

Edit:
Actually, that was a different game and situation that I remembered. While that did happen to a TN qb at one time, Mauer got shoved down after he released the ball and landed into the back of Darnell Wright, causing him to trip and fall over Mauer’s head. This came just one game after Mauer was flipped and landed on his head against Mississippi State.

We were moving the ball down the field well against Bama before Mauer left with that injury and it would have been a much closer game if he had not taken that needless shove.

I’m going to look for the play that I thought was Mauer.

Last edited:

His FR year he had to leave the MSU game in the 1st half then against Bama he left in the 1Q, believe both times were due to concussion protocols

I will always remember Brian for his uuummmm, well, his you know, his uumm. determination. Yeah, he was determined and I think someone said he likes breakfast at Cracker Barrell. Helluva guy, gonna, gonna miss watchin him on Sunday afternoons. Thanks Brian for all those awesome memories

I would have started him over JG.
Butch Jones and Jeremy Pruitt were Idiots for staying with J.G. so long. Keller and Brian both were better than him. Something very fishy was going on during that time. I guess we’ll never know the whole story.

VN Store

Back