Formula 1

milohimself

RIP CITY
Watching a replay of the race from Nurburgring on Sunday. Vettel has been dominating all season, but it was good to see Ham destroying fools.

Also, the pit exit into turn one is as good as it gets.

You could do away with all racing sports save Formula 1, and I would be happy. I think there's a lot more skill involved.

I only watched a few minutes of this race though.

There's a thread in the racing forum. I bet if you looked you could find it.

haven't been watching much tbis season, save Monaco and a couple other races. It's been harder for me to bet into it after Raikkonen retired.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

haven't been watching much tbis season, save Monaco and a couple other races. It's been harder for me to bet into it after Raikkonen retired.

You're not missing much this year.

Up until the last few weeks it's been pretty much the Sebastian Vettel show.

I like Vettel but I'm a big fan of Alonso and I am glad Ferrari is competitive. The Red Bull team is so strong though.

And on an end note, Hamilton and Mclaren can go to hell.

Alonso has looked good with a win in the UK and a close finish in Germany. As good as Renault has looked with Vettel, gotta feel for Mark Webber. How many times he's failed to close from the pole now?

Alonso has looked good with a win in the UK and a close finish in Germany. As good as Renault has looked with Vettel, gotta feel for Mark Webber. How many times he's failed to close from the pole now?

It's always something with Webber and the team is definitely letting him know his is second priority. He can't get off line. His best effort was when he started at the back of the pack and made the podium. WTF? ha

It happens. I expect him to do better and actually win a race at some point this season; unless Vettel has an insane collapse, he's already got it locked up. The team can run away with it as well.

I hope that doesn't happen, because I would like to see good races at Monza and Suzuka.

I have an Aussie friend who is a huge Webber supporter and he's telling me that Webber is gone(from Red Bull) after this year. I hope so, because with the right support and an above average car, Webber can win.

I am definitely looking forward to the race at Monza. Ferrari should have their A game for the home crowd and it's usually a fun race to watch.

My favorite courses have already been raced. Monaco, Silverstone and last week's Nurburgring.

I missed Monaco. Pissed. I have to wake up at 4am to catch the races live, though, so I can't do it every week. The Top Gear bit from there was good though, racing hot hatches.

Ferrari should get back in this at Monza.

I missed Monaco. Pissed. I have to wake up at 4am to catch the races live, though, so I can't do it every week. The Top Gear bit from there was good though, racing hot hatches.

you're not still awake for the Asian races? they usually come on at 3 AM here. i always DVR. the European races at 8ish are awesome, i have to say.

i hate when FOX picks up those four races and i can't catch them until noon. makes it hard to stay off of twitter.

has anybody actually been to a Grand Prix?

I'm on west coast time like you Milo, and I agree to catch some races live sucks and I usually DVR them.

Yep Monaco, 2001. I was utterly blown away at the speed and sound of those cars. We had a spot near where they exit the tunnel then brake into the Nouvelle Chicane.

Yep Monaco, 2001. I was utterly blown away at the speed and sound of those cars. We had a spot near where they exit the tunnel then brake into the Nouvelle Chicane.

color me absolutely jealous, though it's not the #1 track on my list.

i went to Indy several times, but would love to (being a HUGE Ferrari fan) go to Monza or Brazil. the sound is an incredible thing to hear in person, however what struck me the most was how quickly they can brake. i remember sitting in the South end of IMS during practice just watching them come into the pits.

you're not still awake for the Asian races? they usually come on at 3 AM here. i always DVR. the European races at 8ish are awesome, i have to say.

i hate when FOX picks up those four races and i can't catch them until noon. makes it hard to stay off of twitter.

Yeah, the Asian ones I can do but I have to be up at a ridiculous hour to catch the ones in Europe.

I've seen the old Champ Car time trials when they were at PIR just a few miles north of where I'm at. I've also had the chance to see an Indy Car doing it's thing, but not F1. It's one of my dreams to go see a race.

I'm on west coast time like you Milo, and I agree to catch some races live sucks and I usually DVR them.

Way jealous.

color me absolutely jealous, though it's not the #1 track on my list.

i went to Indy several times, but would love to (being a HUGE Ferrari fan) go to Monza or Brazil. the sound is an incredible thing to hear in person, however what struck me the most was how quickly they can brake. i remember sitting in the South end of IMS during practice just watching them come into the pits.

I used to think the Monaco race was boring to watch on TV, before I went. Now it's one of my favorites. And it's funny you mention the braking, because that was one of my thoughts as well watching those cars live.

They come screaming out of that tunnel and then hit that chicane, then boom they're off again. It's amazing to me how those engines take that kind of beating.

I have some pics buried in a box, if I remember later, I'll scan them and post.

Couple things: Anybody know the date for the DVD release of Senna in the states?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNmqn3heGgE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrbJPsPtTyU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Also, can't wait for this:

Formula 1 United States | Austin 2012

I think F1 might finally be on the precipice of catching on here.

Awesome. Buying tickets when I can. The movie killed at sundance and sxsw, which gives me hope F1 will do well here this time. But there is the obvious issue that we've had what, two drivers make F1 in how many decades? Scott speed and Andretti, neither of whom did very well.

Do we have anybody coming up through the ranks? Because if Andretti was any indication, drivers don't seem to fare so well jumping from Indy to formula.

Eddie Cheever was an American too.

fact of the matter is that America isn't going to care about F1 unless F1 wants America to care and right now F1 doesn't care if they care or not.

F1 is pretty and technologically amazing but it's rarely great racing. I love watching it as an auto enthusiast but as a racing enthusiast it's not very satisfying.

Do we have anybody coming up through the ranks? Because if Andretti was any indication, drivers don't seem to fare so well jumping from Indy to formula.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions about Andretti. He handled it poorly and the team did as well. He remained living in the US and flew over for races and practice. There was a ton of tension on the team and all the good mods/improvements went to the team mate.

Andretti was a good fit skill and racing approach-wise but he nor the team fully committed to it.

F1 is pretty and technologically amazing but it's rarely great racing. I love watching it as an auto enthusiast but as a racing enthusiast it's not very satisfying.

I could sit all day and read about schumacher's driving techniques or how they tweak the cars, but that's the engineer in me. I do admit that it was at it's peak in the early 90's with senna, schumacher, hill, Prost, etc and that the cars made for better races.

Point taken about Andretti. From what I've read, it was doomed at the start.

Either way, the Texas track looks great. Can't wait.

VN Store

Back