Fox Sports/CFN Pre-Pre Season Rankings

i dont. it feels like it is setting us up for a big upset. i dont like being ranked that hig, but it is nice to see people are finally giving us some respect.

I have seen those rankings and are glad that we are that high but I don't think that we should be....Every year that our expectations are that high we always disappoint....May not be this case this year but in previous years that's been the case...Oh well..we can only wait and see what the next season brings

I don't know if we deserve to be number two. Aside from who will be number one, USC, there are many teams competing. Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Virginia Tech, Iowa and Tennessee are all looking at a potential championship run. And there are also more potential upset teams.

will this be the highest preseason rank were ever had if we do come out to be no 2.

All I can say is; Phil has to take control of the team in regards to discipline. He can't afford to allow them to believe their press clippins.

That being said, it's really foolish of us to not want them to be ranked 1 or 2. I mean, look at Auburn last year. OK, I rest my case.

Lets lobby for as high of a ranking as possible and hope the team plays its way into the ranking.

If it doesn't happen that way we could be on the outside looking in. You know how the media is soooo in love with USC, OK, FSU, Miami and such.

We need the ranking.

Next year, there will NOT be more than two undefeated teams in major conferences. The odds of that are absolutely astronomical. If Auburn plays this season the way they did last, a NC shot would be without question. They just happened to have a very bad season to pull a suprise and go undefeated.

Originally posted by OldVol@Jan 22, 2005 1:29 PM
You know how the media is soooo in love with USC, OK, FSU, Miami and such.

We need the ranking.

Yes we do need the ranking. Like you said, the media is in love with certain teams and we are not one of them. There is nothing wrong with the Vols being in the spotlight. It is good for recruiting amongst other things. Now, if we could just keep our ranking, we would be in good shape.

VN Store

Back