Franchione Returns to Bammer

BHAMVOLFAN

Shamelessly stolen from another board, but funny, 'specially if you live here!

HURRICANE DENNIS

Attachments

• dennis4lb.jpg
    dennis4lb.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 17
Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Jul 10, 2005 10:12 AM
Shamelessly stolen from another board, but funny, 'specially if you live here!
HURRICANE DENNIS
[snapback]111865[/snapback]​

If you have ever lost property or a member of your family due to a hurricane, you would not think this is so funny.
A football rival is one thing, but to make fun of situations such as this is very surprising to me. I have never come on this board and had anything negative to say about the Vols or your coach. I do not hate the school,fans, or your coach. I just want to beat you in football, but even if we never do that again. I would still NEVER laugh about a hurricane or tornado heading straight to Tennessee.

Originally posted by Bama My Heart@Jul 12, 2005 3:42 PM
If you have ever lost property or a member of your family due to a hurricane, you would not think this is so funny.
A football rival is one thing, but to make fun of situations such as this is very surprising to me.  I have never come on this board and had anything negative to say about the Vols or your coach.  I do not hate the school,fans, or your coach.  I just want to beat you in football, but even if we never do that again.  I would still NEVER laugh about a hurricane or tornado heading straight to Tennessee.
[snapback]112916[/snapback]​

Oh please, be quiet.

I am in New Orleans and have gone through several hurricanes.

The picture is a joke. Seems people getting all mad are just trying to find something to complain about.

Yes, I have in fact lost property and seen injuries to friends due to Hurricanes

:whistle:

Originally posted by U-T@Jul 12, 2005 4:19 PM
Oh please, be quiet.

I am in New Orleans and have gone through several hurricanes.

The picture is a joke. Seems people getting all mad are just trying to find something to complain about.

Yes, I have in fact lost property and seen injuries to friends due to Hurricanes

:whistle:
[snapback]112932[/snapback]​

I stand corrected. I guess you would think it's funny. I lost a family member(I don't mean I can't find them....he was killed) last year during Ivan. So if I am a little touchy, then I am sure you understand. I am not trying to find something to complain about, and I don't think injuries and death are the same.

Does that mean you hate the "U" for frivilously using it for their nickname? My mom died of cancer in 1999 but I don't gripe to anyone for bringing it up. Some things in life you have to look at with a sense of humor. Besides that point, Dennis kinda petered out anyways.

A football rival is one thing, but to make fun of situations such as this is very surprising to me. I have never come on this board and had anything negative to say about the Vols or your coach. I do not hate the school,fans, or your coach. I just want to beat you in football, but even if we never do that again. I would still NEVER laugh about a hurricane or tornado heading straight to Tennessee.

Hon, the pic was simply humor. Nothing more. Since we have hardly any (if any) bammers on this board, I posted it as it wouldn't offend here. Where the hell did you come from anyway? You are certainly welcome, but after all the horse sh*t the bammers have tossed at us for the past 3 years, I'd be careful. Wouldn't start off by complaining about a freaking fark either, but that's just me.

This is killin me..... a sensitive bammer on a Vol board???...go figure

I am sorry I laughed at it. I tried to refrain, but alas the football fan in me escaped. I felt guilty after reading the sorrowful diatribe about hurricanes hurting people and property. I never knew... OK like my sarcasm? I hope so.

I remember a few years back there were plenty of pictures of an orange hurricane going into Florida, and I don't particularly remember anyone complaining about that one... I am sorry you have lost family and friends, when that happens property loss almost seems moot. But I am sorry for the property loss also, but it could have been avoided by not living there. Move away if it is so bad. You and your family live there by choice. And while I am on my soap box. I seem to remember a particular "Bama Friendly" website with edited pictures of Coach Fulmer and Hitler. Were you on that site protesting those as well. I suspect not, because , "that didn't effect you." I hate to tell you, but Hitler did in a lot more people than all hurricanes combined. (except Miami, they don't hurt anyone anymore, even the soljah Winslow) Maybe we should do like Sam Kenison(sp?) said, we should stop sending food and water, which the people of Tennessee are sending in truck loads, and send U-Hauls instead.

That being said, want any cheese with your whine.

P.S. I am sorry about your mother, 9296potsguy. And the rest of the folks that have been harmed by things beyond our control. Also I am sorry for the spelling and grammar errors that have snuck in. Sorry my fellowed beloved vol fans, that was the proverbial straw for me.

As a parting shot, since "we" ruined your football team and all... (yes I admit it :dlol: ) How many times have you beat us in the last 10 years? I wonder how long this will take to make it on the Bama websites?

Originally posted by BHAMVOLFAN@Jul 12, 2005 7:45 PM

Hon, the pic was simply humor. Nothing more.  Since we have hardly any (if any) bammers on this board, I posted it as it wouldn't offend here.  Where the hell  did you come from anyway?  You are certainly welcome, but after all the horse sh*t the bammers have tossed at us for the past 3 years, I'd be careful.  Wouldn't start off by complaining about a freaking fark either, but that's just me. 

This is killin me..... a sensitive bammer on a Vol board???...go figure
[snapback]112989[/snapback]​

I've posted on this board a few times, and most of the time been treated quite well. I think that is because I see situations(concerning the relationship between our 2 schools) as they are, and as I hope they will be again. I love Bama football, and am proud to say that I am a Bama fan. I would never change no matter how many games we lose. I think to be a true fan you have to hang in there with the bad to ever get to the good. I have never backed the fans that have blamed the Vols for what we did, nor have I ever critized your coach for what he did.
With all of that said, I apologize for being so sensitive about the Dennis thing. I guess it was just soon for me, but if I didn't see it as funny, I should have just kept my mouth shut. I love football, and especially SEC football, and watch every game that I can during the season, but I do have one rule. You can tease me, and I'll take my punches when I lose, but do not mess with my property. One time after an Iron Bowl and Auburn beat us. An Auburn friend of mine wrote the score all over my car, and thought it was the funniest thing he had ever done. I don't like things like that. I would never touch your property so don't touch mine..............you know what I mean.
Ok...I'll get off my soapbox now, but I do like this board, and intend to visit again. Look forward to seeing you guys in Tuscaloosa, and I hope you get to see the true Bama fans. The ones that want to enjoy the game, and that know how to treat "company".

BAMA HEART,
Welcome to the board. This site is loaded with good football fans and we have very good banter. A lot of joking so you better check your feelings at the door. I go to many sites and this is the best without a doubt. Rival fans come on and usually there is not a problem. (I tried to on bama sites and was kicked off for asking what their thoughts were on a article in SI, Imagine that)

I have a joke I heard so warning don't read the following if your feelings will get hurt.

Did you hear about the Hurricane hitting Alabama? It did 50 million dollars worth of improvements.

VN Store

Back