Freshman QB Info

vSphereGuy

Honest question!

I keep seeing people wanting CBJ to bench Worley and Peterman. Which is cool- I understand people want something different and think that will solve all their problems. Agree to disagree.

But it seems there is a pretty split divide about which freshman QB to plug in. Some are saying Dobbs. Some are saying Ferguson.

Which one is actually the better QB? What do each bring to the table and/or separates themselves from each other?

I honestly don't know- I have never been to a practice and obviously have not seen either of them play. Just wondering what the divide is between some fans wanting one or the other.

Honest question!

I keep seeing people wanting CBJ to bench Worley and Peterman. Which is cool- I understand people want something different and think that will solve all their problems. Agree to disagree.

But it seems there is a pretty split divide about which freshman QB to plug in. Some are saying Dobbs. Some are saying Ferguson.

Which one is actually the better QB? What do each bring to the table and/or separates themselves from each other?

I honestly don't know- I have never been to a practice and obviously have not seen either of them play. Just wondering what the divide is between some fans wanting one or the other.

Ferguson has shown more than Dobbs to the coaches at this point..

Reactions: 1 person
obviously neither are better than worley or peterman or they would be starting, imo.

my guess is they will both redshirt, barring injury, and will be given a chance to start next year too

Reactions: 1 person
obviously neither are better than worley or peterman or they would be starting, imo.

my guess is they will both redshirt, barring injury, and will be given a chance to start next year too

I would imagine both of them are quite a bit better at actually throwing a football. It seems hard to be much worse.

Where neither of them can hold a candle is experience, be it both in a college system and playing live games.

Worley is temporary.

Neither.

I think the Dobbs / Ferguson debate is guided by the fact that most Tennessee fans have never seen either of them play. Whether Worley is our best option is debatable, but it's probably a Worley-Peterman debate. It's worth noting that of the group, Peterman was also the most highly recruited.

As for Dobbs and Ferguson; it makes much more sense to preserve their redshirt status. Neither of them are likely ready for the big-time yet and no reason to burn a year of eligibility.

VN Store

Back