Fulmer Suspensions Vs Richt Suspensions

richmort

With all of the off field problems Georgia and Tennessee have had recently has lead to debate with my Georgia friends.

My Georgia friend is concerned that Richt is not being punishing his players hard enough and said he is worried that they will become like Tennessee.

After taking this shot below the belt I brought up the dimissials of Banks, Schaffer, and of Onterrio Smith.

Who are some others Tennessee has dissmissed over the years? I would like to know because in my friends mind we just let them play no matter how many times they get in trouble.

Under Phil Fulmer

Brandon Johnson, James Banks, Onterrio Smith, Lynn McGruder, Montrell Jones, Eric Locke, Ruben Mayes, Sterling Kazee, Tony Campbell, Mondre Dickerson, Travis Cozart, Chris Heath, Brent Schaeffer, Dustin Moore, Nilo Silvan

For this butt sniffers its an average of 1 per season at UT.

Originally posted by richmort@Jul 30, 2005 6:30 AM
With all of the off field problems Georgia and Tennessee have had recently has lead to debate with my Georgia friends.

My Georgia friend is concerned that Richt is not being punishing his players hard enough and said he is worried that they will become like Tennessee.

After taking this shot below the belt I brought up the dimissials of Banks, Schaffer,  and of Onterrio Smith.

Who are some others Tennessee has dissmissed over the years? I would like to know because in my friends mind we just let them play no matter how many times they get in trouble.
[snapback]119477[/snapback]​

oops, hit the wrong button. Anyway, I know Dustin Moore(Big Tight End) for sure. What about Tony Robinson(maybe under Majors)? Also, do you remember a safety whose last name was Parker? I think he was suspended for a whole year, he got his act together and was able to come back for his Senior year. My memory is not as good as some, so forgive me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by Vol67@Jul 30, 2005 8:33 AM
Moore and Robinson were under Majors.
[snapback]119485[/snapback]​

No, I had a class w/ Dustin in '94 and he was still playing. I think he got suspended that year.

Originally posted by Vol67@Jul 30, 2005 8:11 AM
Under Phil Fulmer

Brandon Johnson, James Banks, Onterrio Smith,  Lynn McGruder, Montrell Jones, Eric Locke, Ruben Mayes, Sterling Kazee, Tony Campbell, Mondre Dickerson, Travis Cozart, Chris Heath, Brent Schaeffer, Dustin Moore.

For this butt sniffers its an average of 1 per season at UT.

I cannot remember if Nilo Silvan was dismissed or not.
[snapback]119481[/snapback]​

Silvan was dismissed

Originally posted by richmort@Jul 30, 2005 7:30 AM

My Georgia friend is concerned that Richt is not being punishing his players hard enough
[snapback]119477[/snapback]​

Richt learnt from the master of non discipline..Bobby Bowden.

schaeffer was basically given an ultimatum. he could leave quietly or he would be kicked off. either way, it hasnt worked out that well for him

Schaeffer was told to either go to class or be removed from the team. He refused class so he was removed from the team and he decided he would leave the school

The biggest dismissal in recent years (that I can remember) is Dustin Moore. I remember seeing him play as a Freshman and we all got excited about having a great TE for Manning to go to. After he got the boot, it took a few years for Witten to set the bar among UT TEs.

VN Store

Back