Funny Portion from T Helton’s HOF Speech

SNAFU

Those superstitions, he said, may have seemed like typical ballplayer stuff — eating the same food, following the same routines — but he was not about to let them go. So one day, when he was playing minor-league baseball at Colorado Springs, he got a speeding ticket on the way to the park. You can guess what happened next.

“I got three hits that day,” he said. “So the next day, I took the same route. I went the same speed. And the same officer gave me a ticket. But I didn’t care. I got three hits that day, too. So I asked the officer to meet me the next day … and he indulged me.”

The Athletic

Those superstitions, he said, may have seemed like typical ballplayer stuff — eating the same food, following the same routines — but he was not about to let them go. So one day, when he was playing minor-league baseball at Colorado Springs, he got a speeding ticket on the way to the park. You can guess what happened next.

“I got three hits that day,” he said. “So the next day, I took the same route. I went the same speed. And the same officer gave me a ticket. But I didn’t care. I got three hits that day, too. So I asked the officer to meet me the next day … and he indulged me.”

The Athletic
…just a little ‘stitious. 😉

VN Store

Back