Funny Raleigh Quote from Today

TNVols58

"...and it was disappointing to give up those runs in the seventh, especially with two outs, but we were using mostly freshmen pitchers there at the end and they just pitched like freshmen today"

Excuses, excuses, excuses...hey Todd...we have other good pitchers that aren't freshman that you could've used...Locante, Ramsey, and Catapano come to mind...I don't think he'll ever get it

Why am I not laughing? Vol baseball is quickly becoming laughable, but not in an entertaining fashion.

This team is too talented to be in this position. We have a coach there volunteering right now who can take over this team.

I thought Raleigh wasn't a good hire in the first place....he has done nothing but make our program go south

"...and it was disappointing to give up those runs in the seventh, especially with two outs, but we were using mostly freshmen pitchers there at the end and they just pitched like freshmen today"

Well, if those inexperienced pitchers couldn't cut the mustard in a conference game against a nationally-ranked opponent, why doesn't the "coach" try someone else?

He should be fired just for offering this sorry excuse. You get your freshmen experience against the teams like Binghamton and Kennesaw, teams that you can beat on talent alone. If you have a coach, that is.

Well, if those inexperienced pitchers couldn't cut the mustard in a conference game against a nationally-ranked opponent, why doesn't the "coach" try someone else?

He should be fired just for offering this sorry excuse. You get your freshmen experience against the teams like Binghamton and Kennesaw, teams that you can beat on talent alone. If you have a coach, that is.

It's not like he is in his first season and has no control over who he inherited pitching-wise. And even if he is stuck with a lot of freshmen (true or redshirt), UT should be bringing in pitchers good enough to contribute and compete right away.

Bad recruiting, bad development. Can get by with one or the other, but not both.
Start the search and give him the pink slip as soon as the last out of the season is recorded...

the only funny quote i want to hear from raleigh is something like, "i'm outta here!"

p.s.: take hambone with you.

I thought Raleigh wasn't a good hire in the first place....he has done nothing but make our program go south

Well, he fired Corral, apparently to get some breathing room and find a scapegoat, but that gambit is now over. There is probably a 99.9 per cent chance that Raleigh is history here, and he very likely knows it. He is clueless about everything else.

VN Store

Back