FYI: KAT gameday shuttles no longer running from Farragut HS or Old City

TCB

Since the University screwed us (20+ year season ticket holders) on parking this year, we were planning on taking the shuttle from Farragut HS. When i went to the KAT site to get details, I see that they are no longer offering shuttles from Farragut HS or the Old City. The Farragut route was still listed on their site a few months ago when I first looked. I imagine that there are going to be a lot of surprised folks since I can find no notice of this on KATs social media pages or on other news sites.

link: KAT Football Service Options

Guess its back to the drawing board . . .

Can’t just pay $10 and get a ticket anymore? Have to buy the week of the game. So stupid

Since the University screwed us (20+ year season ticket holders) on parking this year, we were planning on taking the shuttle from Farragut HS. When i went to the KAT site to get details, I see that they are no longer offering shuttles from Farragut HS or the Old City. The Farragut route was still listed on their site a few months ago when I first looked. I imagine that there are going to be a lot of surprised folks since I can find no notice of this on KATs social media pages or on other news sites.

link: KAT Football Service Options

Guess it’s back to the drawing board . . .
I Pay $40 and park & University Commons. You have to arrive early some games as sells out quickly.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Last year there was still a bus shuttle from one of the Farragut hotels.

Damn! That was our go to way of getting to the stadium! I wonder why they've stopped offering the service? Yet another incentive to NOT attend games!

When there is a waiting list of over 10,000 and Danny White says the student section demand could be increased from over 10,000 to 20,000, things will and have changed. My family never did the uuniversity parking because we didn't donate above the cost of tickets. Thankfully the nearby church where we parked for decades decided to offer prepaid parking for the season. While discontinuing the city bus option makes no sense, maybe there are other options for fans in your area. This year the on site parking I had for Titans games wasn't offered to me but my ticket contact told me about a new hotel I could buy season parking pass ticket for and it added only 5 minutes to my walk and was about 10% more in cost.

SIGH! I fear things like this will just encourage more people to stay home and watch Vols games on large screen TVs.
Why stop the shuttles? Probably have plans to wring more money from your wallet. Of course, it could be related to
worsening behavior of people on the buses. I don't know, I never used the shuttles. Always parked at the Market Plaza
because I had the privilege of staying at a friend's nearby guest house. Just drove 1.5 - 2 miles early.

Hey, Danny! Why not try to get Knoxville's mover and shakers to buy up currently run down, otherwise derelict property. Build vretiports on them
for use by air taxis?
1724069979897.jpeg

This is wild, we have used the shuttles for the last 6/7 years at Farragut and have thoroughly enjoyed them and the convenience.
I did notice last year they had less buses running and the guys taking the money said they can't hardly find anyone to work the game routes.

However, this year due to over crowding and insane hotel prices in Turkey Creek we decided to AirBnB closer to the stadium so this works out for us.
I am concerned about parking though, those shuttles saved a lot of space around the campus as well as kept additional game day traffic off the roads.

This is wild, we have used the shuttles for the last 6/7 years at Farragut and have thoroughly enjoyed them and the convenience.
I did notice last year they had less buses running and the guys taking the money said they can't hardly find anyone to work the game routes.

However, this year due to over crowding and insane hotel prices in Turkey Creek we decided to AirBnB closer to the stadium so this works out for us.
I am concerned about parking though, those shuttles saved a lot of space around the campus as well as kept additional game day traffic off the roads.
I usually park at stare st garage or one of the free garages and ride the shuttle..will these shuttles still run or is that what the post is referencing to that shut down?

When there is a waiting list of over 10,000 and Danny White says the student section demand could be increased from over 10,000 to 20,000, things will and have changed. My family never did the uuniversity parking because we didn't donate above the cost of tickets. Thankfully the nearby church where we parked for decades decided to offer prepaid parking for the season. While discontinuing the city bus option makes no sense, maybe there are other options for fans in your area. This year the on site parking I had for Titans games wasn't offered to me but my ticket contact told me about a new hotel I could buy season parking pass ticket for and it added only 5 minutes to my walk and was about 10% more in cost.
Condolences on the Titans tickets.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
SIGH! I fear things like this will just encourage more people to stay home and watch Vols games on large screen TVs.
Why stop the shuttles? Probably have plans to wring more money from your wallet. Of course, it could be related to
worsening behavior of people on the buses. I don't know, I never used the shuttles. Always parked at the Market Plaza
because I had the privilege of staying at a friend's nearby guest house. Just drove 1.5 - 2 miles early.

Hey, Danny! Why not try to get Knoxville's mover and shakers to buy up currently run down, otherwise derelict property. Build vretiports on them
for use by air taxis?
View attachment 668570

Watch parties for Tennessee sporting events at home might become the new norm in the future.

I will say that is the biggest issue with our campus/stadium is they want to turn it into an nfl/professional stadium/entertainment arena yet the parking for fans is non existent/extremely limited unless you wanna get a 5k walk in on a hot game day
they definitely need to build a few additional parking garages near the stadium...maybe can be designed as multi-use buildings

VN Store

Back