'25 GA LB Christian Gass (Tennessee commit)

Although I agree with what you’re saying no way we can say Okoye is wrong yet… there was absolutely no way he was going to play last year or this. Now if he doesn’t start making some noise next offseason then we can start to question it
I would say the same thing about Leacock...injuries and depth chart are a legit explanation for him at this point...if he's not making noise next spring then Jameis Jones is probably right

On3 is just different. They don't appear to rely on industry consensus at all, so the there are much more dramatic outliers.

Looking at the 2022 class they had:
Pearce - Outlier High - Nailed it
Nichols - Outlier Low - Nailed it
Josephs - Outlier High - TBD
Webb - Outlier High - Probably wrong
Williams Thomas - Outlier High - Wrong
White - Outlier High - Closer to right

In 2023:
Leacock - Outlier High - Wrong
Gibson - Outlier High - Closer to right
Weathersby - Outlier High - TBD, but possibly right
Okoye - Outlier High - Wrong
Bishop - Outlier High - TBD, but closer to right

Seems like a mixed bag to me. They have clearly been higher on Tennessee that industry average.
Has it been determined for sure Leacock is wrong? Wasn’t he hurt at some point?

Although I agree with what you’re saying no way we can say Okoye is wrong yet… there was absolutely no way he was going to play last year or this. Now if he doesn’t start making some noise next offseason then we can start to question it
Half the guys in this forum think somebody is a bust if they aren't at least a Freshman All-SEC player. Then they don't even mention them in future years when discussing our depth chart.

Half the guys in this forum think somebody is a bust if they aren't at least a Freshman All-SEC player. Then they don't even mention them in future years when discussing our depth chart.
Okoye was behind multiple walk-ons at TE, switched positions from the shallowest position to the arguably the deepest, and any comments on him have been that he is a long way from contributing.

It would be a miracle if he ever plays meaningful snaps.

It’s
Okoye was behind multiple walk-ons at TE, switched positions from the shallowest position to the arguably the deepest, and any comments on him have been that he is a long way from contributing.

It’s like his third year playing football lol chill

DE is as see ball hit ball as it comes.

kid will be fine

Last edited:
Has it been determined for sure Leacock is wrong? Wasn’t he hurt at some point?

If anything I would lean towards them being right about Leacock. I remember reading that he was tearing it up in bowl practices 2 years ago as an early enrollee in the leadup to our bowl game against Clemson. Injuries just derailed his progress last year. If he gets healthy I think he'll be a star.

If anything I would lean towards them being right about Leacock. I remember reading that he was tearing it up in bowl practices 2 years ago as an early enrollee in the leadup to our bowl game against Clemson. Injuries just derailed his progress last year. If he gets healthy I think he'll be a star.
Well, that’s damning evidence against Leacock. We’ll just have to hope he can overcome it.

Last edited:
I would say the same thing about Leacock...injuries and depth chart are a legit explanation for him at this point...if he's not making noise next spring then Jameis Jones is probably right
What's the word on Leacock? I've been wondering where he's been and when he might get a chance.

NM I see some others provided context further in the thread.

Thanks

Just watched this kids highlight...what a beast!!!

Just wondering....when he gets a sack or lays someone out....I wonder if he gets up and says "You been Gass'd!!!"
Let's see who gets this reference......... Song and group name.
tenor (6).gif

VN Store

Back