'25 GA LB Christian Gass (Tennessee commit)

I remember the days of freaking out over news like this and what is (potentially…not confirmed) going on with Travis Smith…I legitimately just don’t feel that anymore…

I’ve thought a lot about why and I’m convinced its two things…my confidence in this staff and the changes brought about by the transfer portal…I have no doubt we are going to get next level players from HS and/or the portal…I am equally as confident that this staff will develop them and then call the right plays/formations to maximize their abilities…

I hope we hold on to Gass and Smith…but if they decide to go somewhere else then so be it…there will be others…especially at their respective positions

I remember the days of freaking out over news like this and what is (potentially…not confirmed) going on with Travis Smith…I legitimately just don’t feel that anymore…

I’ve thought a lot about why and I’m convinced its two things…my confidence in this staff and the changes brought about by the transfer portal…I have no doubt we are going to get next level players from HS and/or the portal…I am equally as confident that this staff will develop them and then call the right plays/formations to maximize their abilities…

I hope we hold on to Gass and Smith…but if they decide to go somewhere else then so be it…there will be others…especially at their respective positions
Travis Smith didn’t show and had no intentions. He is locked in

On Christian Gass.. heard back from him earlier. He’s at Georgia this afternoon, and says it was a convenient trip to be able to spend some time with some of his friends who are there. Says he’s just enjoying some time before he leaves for college. Now, obviously UGA is going to push here until the end, but Gass says “I’m still locked into Tennessee”. He also tells me he will be back to town for the Florida game next month.
-Matt Ray

Not particularly related to Gas’s, but It’s another example of why the staff keeps recruiting year round. Anyone can leave, decommit, or be injured. Have to constantly keep reloading.

Reactions: ScornedPapaVol
We could also find a better option. Neverending cycle.
Heupel as far as I know has only lost one commit that they still wanted- Sylvester Smith to Auburn.

Their recruiting process is concrete and the guys really do buy in once they commit.

And…we don’t want to be Clemson, and stressing recruits and not letting them enjoy the process.

I think he’s extremely hard to replace. He’s a WR athletically and can also pass rush. Tall and is light on his feet.

Heupel as far as I know has only lost one commit that they still wanted- Sylvester Smith to Auburn.

Their recruiting process is concrete and the guys really do buy in once they commit.

And…we don’t want to be Clemson, and stressing recruits and not letting them enjoy the process.

I think he’s extremely hard to replace. He’s a WR athletically and can also pass rush. Tall and is light on his feet.
That kid was destined to go to Auburn. The only reason we got him in the first place was because Harson sucked at recruiting. Even if Harson got fired the following year he most likely would’ve transferred to Auburn.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Christian Gass created some buzz last week when he showed up at Georgia. Volquest spent time with Gass this week, and two things are clear. Georgia will swing until the end, and to this point, Gass has built the best relationships on Rocky Top. He will be back to campus in October for the Florida and Alabama games. We continue to believe it will be tough for the Bulldogs to flip him away from his Tennessee commitment, though they will undoubtedly continue to try.
-VQ

VN Store

Back