'25 GA RB Justin Baker (Tennessee commit)

hope we get this kid and another. our rb recruiting this season hasnt been best, also think its a pretty thin RB class.
Sims seems like a good recruiter when it comes to connecting with guys at least. They’ve gotten the attention of some really good 2026 and 2027 backs so could be interesting. Talked to Savion Hiter this afternoon and continue to feel Tennessee will be a legitimate factor there

Sims seems like a good recruiter when it comes to connecting with guys at least. They’ve gotten the attention of some really good 2026 and 2027 backs so could be interesting. Talked to Savion Hiter this afternoon and continue to feel Tennessee will be a legitimate factor there
Excited over the prospect of landing him.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Similar to last year, Baker's season is off to a slow start: 22 carries for 77 yards and no TDs. He's split carries evenly so far with Ethan Ervin, who's rushed for 130 yards.

Baker's still seeking his 1st 100-yard game in HS, but his opportunities have been limited w/ an average of just 7 carries per game over the past 24 games.

hope we get this kid and another. our rb recruiting this season hasnt been best, also think its a pretty thin RB class.
I wonder if this is just a general trend in football and the way it’s played now…RBs are no where near as valuable as they use to be and it’s been that way for a while now…maybe kids with skill player talent that are getting in to football now are trending to QB and WR leaving the RB classes thinner and thinner as the years go by

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I wonder if this is just a general trend in football and the way it’s played now…RBs are no where near as valuable as they use to be and it’s been that way for a while now…maybe kids with skill player talent that are getting in to football now are trending to QB and WR leaving the RB classes thinner and thinner as the years go by

Elite TE’s and WRs have pretty much took over.

Like you said, RBs just don’t hold much long term value in the NFL anymore.

Tell that to Michigan. They hardly ever passed.

Similar to last year, Baker's season is off to a slow start: 22 carries for 77 yards and no TDs. He's split carries evenly so far with Ethan Ervin, who's rushed for 130 yards.

Baker's still seeking his 1st 100-yard game in HS, but his opportunities have been limited w/ an average of just 7 carries per game over the past 24 games.
This kid ain’t it, I’m sorry.

I think the general trend with guarding the head and neck is trending people toward being on a cane in their fifties. Why would you play RB?

This kid ain’t it, I’m sorry.
This kid had 9 carries for 23 yards for 1 TD last Friday.

Buford played against Benedictine GA.

Rabun Gap played against Benedictine Ga the previous weeks.
Anthony Quinn Jr- Running Back from Rabun Gal had 103 yards and 2 TDs off 19 carries.

Buford has played tough competition to start the season. But in all honesty…he doesn’t even look as good as Jabari Small was in HS, I’ve been waiting for this recruit to be justified for a while.

He’s not even the best RB on his own team

@LittleVol
A next level back should be able to reach 100 yards in a HS game on 8 carries, hell I’ve seen it done on 4 carries in a 6A MS HS game from a 5’5 kid that ended up playing at Southern Illinois.

Reactions: LittleVol
@LittleVol
A next level back should be able to reach 100 yards in a HS game on 8 carries, hell I’ve seen it done on 4 carries in a 6A MS HS game from a 5’5 kid that ended up playing at Southern Illinois.
It’s the fact that as a senior he’s only getting 11 touches a game…

He looks like he has some skill, but this kid isn’t even going to break 500 yards rushing as a senior probably.

I think he went to North Carolina because maybe he wasn’t feeling the love from Tennessee as much. I mean 77 yards in two games?

I think Anthony Quinn Jr deserves a good look. He had 100 yards against Benedictine and Baylor in consecutive weeks.

But…this kid plays for Buford. Maybe he was always just an inroad to that program. Heupel is good at building bridges.

Reactions: OrangeMoundTNVol
It’s the fact that as a senior he’s only getting 11 touches a game…

He looks like he has some skill, but this kid isn’t even going to break 500 yards rushing as a senior probably.

I think he went to North Carolina because maybe he wasn’t feeling the love from Tennessee as much. I mean 77 yards in two games?

I think Anthony Quinn Jr deserves a good look. He had 100 yards against Benedictine and Baylor in consecutive weeks.

But…this kid plays for Buford. Maybe he was always just an inroad to that program. Heupel is good at building bridges.
Kind of crazy Rabun Gap blew out Benedictine and Buford only beat them 29-28.

Reactions: LittleVol

VN Store

Back