'25 GA RB Justin Baker (Tennessee commit)

Lol, what?
Come on, man...you lack the slightest speck of objectivity when it comes to Tennessee. And that's fine, I guess. It's your MO, and most VN regulars know it.

If Baker ends up walking, you'll call him an overrated bum who we recruited over. And if he stays in the fold, you'll call him Travis Stephens 2.0. It just is what it is. I'm not even really knocking you for it in this instance. I'm just acknowledging how predictable it was. Had I just seen that post and not known the author, I'd have bet my life it was you.

Come on, man...you lack the slightest speck of objectivity when it comes to Tennessee. And that's fine, I guess. It's your MO, and most VN regulars know it.

If Baker ends up walking, you'll call him an overrated bum who we recruited over. And if he stays in the fold, you'll call him Travis Stephens 2.0. It just is what it is. I'm not even really knocking you for it in this instance. I'm just acknowledging how predictable it was. Had I just seen that post and not known the author, I'd have bet my life it was you.
1724180736766.gif

Reactions: LittleVol

That’s a whole lot of assumption you got there but go ahead if it makes you feel any better.

It was on TV, and in the Buford v Milton game, Baker gained about 50 yards. Blame it on blocking, boils, or blindness, whatever you want to. He showed some power, but agility and speed seemed to be lacking. With 12 carries or so, he ought to have broken out once or twice.....if he's the quality RB we need to win championships. Excuse his performance if you want, but he doesn't look like the guy we need in this class.
Of course, the coaches know best, and we go with that. And if they want him, okay. 🙄

Reactions: VOLED
Whoever it is, we need 2 backs this class whether that's Freshman or transfers.

Sampson will be in the NFL next year. Left with Seldon, Lewis, Bishop, Keith (if he's here).

That’s a whole lot of assumption you got there but go ahead if it makes you feel any better.
It doesn't make me feel any sort of way. It's just the truth. Is there some assumption baked in? Sure. But, it's near equal the level of assumption needed to believe the sun will rise in the east, tomorrow morning.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Slightly off topic, but an average RB can look better than average for us because of our scheme. Not very concerned either way.
False. Everyone says that about WR as well and how did last year turn out. We need elite backs and playmakers to be the best. Never settle for average.

VN Store

Back