'25 GA S Lagonza Hayward (Tenneseee commit)

The record was on the wall. So the whole team saw him do that.

And he was 190 lbs. not tiny but not huge either.

Cedric Wilson almost benching 400 lbs at 175 is absolutely crazy tho.

Those are some crazy numbers for that bdwt. I do remember the story of Jamal and Al having a bench competition and being stopped around 455. I believe Darwin Walker benched over 500. Some beasts on that team for sure

“They jumped on me early,” Hayward said. “They really helped me realize that I was able to play SEC ball. They were the first program to actually believe in me early on. They had gave me an offer when I had no stars.”
Hayward said the coaches he spent the most time with were “a little bit of all of them,” but added he “mainly” hung out with defensive coordinator Tim Banks and graduate assistant Earnest Thomas III. He also spent a lot of time with head coach Josh Heupel. Hayward suggested he’s now doing more recruiting of others than Tennessee’s coaches are of him.
“It’s not really a pitch,” he said. “Now I’m just really helping them get guys that want to come. Basically trying to help them recruit.”
“Mainly whichever organization feels like home, that I love the organization and I feel I can go there, reach my full potential,” Hayward said of what he’ll be looking for on those visits. “Basically me fitting the system like a glove.”
Hayward said matter-of-factly that the Vols are “still No. 1” for him, and he likes his potential fit in Tennessee’s secondary alongside commitments like Tyler Redmond and Dylan Lewis who were also on campus this weekend.

“I’m on the back end with some dogs,” Hayward said, “like dogs that they got in the class already, people they’ve already got committed like Ty – it’s going to be a great class. That’s what most special about this because Tennessee, it ain’t normally been respected on the defensive end, but they’re going change that for sure.”
p.brown

Seems they view him and Gass as Tweeners. Hope we are the beneficiaries on both.
Hayward a tweener? They don’t think he can play safety at the next level? I can understand the other recruit being considered that, but Ga typically recruits the safety position so well historically that I think there is a logjam in that spot for them moreso than he being considered tweener. Jmo

VN Store

Back