'25 GA S Lagonza Hayward (Tenneseee commit)

Why wouldn’t you expect it? Pretty sure UGA knows how to pull off a visit.
Yep. If Georgia wants someone it’s going to be a fight to get them. Still think we’re fine. Kids have highs on visits then it fades with time. He’s had a long standing relationship with Tennessee; I feel like we at least get a chance to land the guy.

We finish 2nd a lot. They love us and commit somewhere else. Hope you are right, we need him.
We’ve finished first some as well. Though not as much as we’d like. Georgia does a good job of not only exerting pressure to keep kids in state but highlighting how well they’ve done at putting kids in the league. Tennessee is starting to close the gap a bit though.

Kind of glad UGA is pushing now. Tbh, I was getting a Jaylen McCollough vibe with this one. Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for Tank and his loyalty, & what he meant for our program and rebuild; but, we all saw, for years, why UGA & Bama didn't really pursue him, although he was rated a top 10 safety in the country.

We want to be pursuing the same dudes the best are pursuing, period

“Georgia made a big move,” Hayward told On3. “I didn’t really know how Georgia felt about me before the visit, but they showed a lot of love all weekend, they showed me I am wanted and Georgia moved up my list.”
“I am still aiming for a commitment later this summer. I just have to take the rest of my official visits and see how I feel. Georgia really showed me a lot this weekend. Tennessee is a great school too. I go to South Carolina next weekend, then Florida after that, so I will see how I feel.”
“Georgia is the NFL prep,” Hayward said. “They were telling me about how Georgia is about getting you ready for the NFL. That is my goal. It was great to hear stuff from them about Georgia, the coaches and how they do things.”
“Georgia is the NFL prep,” Hayward said. “They were telling me about how Georgia is about getting you ready for the NFL. That is my goal. It was great to hear stuff from them about Georgia, the coaches and how they do things.”
“The most important thing for me is player development. I am not big on the NIL. It is the NFL for me. Georgia is the best vs. the best and being developed and getting that second and third NFL contract is my goal.”
“Kirby played my position, he has been through his and I love his high IQ for the game. Then he is a defensive head coach and scouts love that. Kirby is great leader, he played at Georgia, he is the head coach at Georgia and he is leading them to championships. I like how he leads and a role model type of guy.”
c.simmons

c.simmons
Still not worried…

Would I have rather liked to hear that he got kicked off the visit for recruiting to the Vols? Yes. Do I like any of what he said as far as uga being about what he is most interested in and having made a “big” move? No. Hopefully it’s just a visit high. Do I think we still lead? Yes. Cmon Heupel, seal the deal!

As for this weekend, Tennessee entered the weekend as the team to beat for Shaedy Hayward, Charles House and Onis Konanbanny and exited the weekend either trailing for even with other schools. Some of this is likely visit highs and some of it could be game changers in their recruitment. All of them will take visits the rest of the month and they will be on Tennessee to flip the moment and back with their visit ahead. Ultimately, when you have the month backloaded, you will inevitably have to fend off other visits, which could swing the momentum.
-AP

I mean I think most ppl would agree Georgia does very well with putting Safeties in the nfl, however not every player makes the nfl due to injuries or what not so might as well make some money in college in the hopes of making the NFL.

Both teams provide an avenue to NFL but really it comes down to how he puts in the work to make it…

VN Store

Back