Game day weather

Coug

Knoxville
Currently 89 degrees
Feels like 96!
Humidity 54%

Supposed to be around 85 at kickoff.

It's HOT.

Wicked hot and muggy out. I just walked my dog and I think I might pass out. Can't imagine covering the field numerous times in full gear. GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Weather channel is showing 85* at kickoff and no chance of rain until 10:00.

My saving grace is that I'm on the west side of the stadium. Should be in the shade by that point.

Weather channel saying its 91 now. Oh man.

HOT!!!!

Its hotter than hell out here

Snort!!!!!!!!!!!! You people don't even know what HELL is. Want heat? Live in any of these places during summer: Yuma, Arizona, Zzyzx, California, The Death Valley Ranch (AKA" Scotty's Castle), or Phoenix, Arizona.

Your car better have cloth seats and your steering wheel cloth covered. Don't stand too long on any concrete or rock surface as heat will come through the soles of your shoes. Don't put any bare skin on a car that has sat outside uncovered. It's very common to see cracks in windshields due to heat. And yes, on certain days you can fry eggs on the hood of your car. At Sky Harbor Airport, your flight can at times be delayed because the air is too hot, thus too thin to provide enough lift for the planes to take off. So really, you guys don't know what hot as hell is.

Snort!!!!!!!!!!!! You people don't even know what HELL is. Want heat? Live in any of these places during summer: Yuma, Arizona, Zzyzx, California, The Death Valley Ranch (AKA" Scotty's Castle), or Phoenix, Arizona.

Your car better have cloth seats and your steering wheel cloth covered. Don't stand too long on any concrete or rock surface as heat will come through the soles of your shoes. Don't put any bare skin on a car that has sat outside uncovered. It's very common to see cracks in windshields due to heat. And yes, on certain days you can fry eggs on the hood of your car. At Sky Harbor Airport, your flight can at times be delayed because the air is too hot, thus too thin to provide enough lift for the planes to take off. So really, you guys don't know what hot as hell is.

Sorry folks in the south, we are not allowed to complain about the heat. Put on your earmuffs and stfu already, someplace in the world is even hotter.

Boo ****ing hoo...no humidity dude!!!

Sorry folks in the south, we are not allowed to complain about the heat. Put on your earmuffs and stfu already, someplace in the world is even hotter.

To scoff at complaints about heat and to presume to deny folks the right to utter that complaint are two separate things. Just so you know. I'm pretty sure folks who live down in Nogales and Tijuana, Mexico would scoff at Arizonians and Californians heat complaints as well. yet like me not presume to deny the same to complain about the heat in their areas. Just so you know the difference. :hi:

sure it feels the same in full damn gear running up and down a 100 yard field. plus theres no humidity out there.

To scoff at complaints about heat and to presume to deny folks the right to utter that complaint are two separate things. Just so you know. I'm pretty sure folks who live down in Nogales and Tijuana, Mexico would scoff at Arizonians and Californians heat complaints as well. yet like me not presume to deny the same to complain about the heat in their areas. Just so you know the difference. :hi:

So we're cool as long as we refrain from the "as hell" addendum? Gotcha.

Take your favorite washcloth and soak it down in warm water. Apply directly to the face and go outside. That is what humid heat feels like.

So we're cool as long as we refrain from the "as hell" addendum? Gotcha.

Take your favorite washcloth and soak it down in warm water. Apply directly to the face and go outside. That is what humid heat feels like.

We're cool but let me clarify a few things.

f77f00, I was born and raised in Tennessee. I know humidity as a consequence. However, I lived for decades in the Southwest. So I know dessert heat as well. It's a humbling thing to walk past a wall and feel torrid heat being reflected to the side of your face. It's humbling to see the air shimmer as you look across the street at a neighbor. It's humbling when a hot wind blows heated air at you that for all the world feels like when you open an oven that's been broiling meat at 500+ degrees. Or to forget to not lean against your car while wearing a short sleeved shirt and getting burned to the point your skin blisters or some patch of skin peels off.

I poohed poohed the heat complaints because I have experienced all the things above. But that doesn't mean I have zero respect for southern heat that's soaked in humid air. As a matter of fact, I lived in the D.C.-Maryland area for a while. You could bathe, step outside and in 5 minutes be soaked with sweat due to the massive humidity. A lot of non-natives don't realize how much water is around the DC-Maryland-Virgina triangle that gets sucked up into the air and just lingers on hot days. You can almost feel like you're drowning. Probably would if you didn't wipe your face enough. But for sheer cold-blooded hell-heat, the places I named take the cake mix, bake the cake, and eat it too. :hi:

VN Store

Back