Game weather:

TheGreenCloaca

Looks like a high in the upper 80's, probably a kick-off temp a little over 70.

With clear skies and little humidity, it will cool down quite a bit at night.

Speaking of game time... I am stoked we don't go into Autzen at night when people are lit in every sense of the word.

I feel like the early/afternoon game time is a plus. Who knows though.

is that about average for the area (as in, is that the weather they normally practice in?)?

Feels more like late August than mid-September weather to me, but 90's in September is certainly not unheard of.

Western Oregon has had considerably cooler weather in the last week or so.

Sounds like good weather for the ballgame. Now lets just hope our Vols show up and play hard. Big game for our Vols here's our chance to put ourselfs in the headlines. It would be something to come away from oregon 3-0. GO VOLS!

is that about average for the area (as in, is that the weather they normally practice in?)?

Outdoor temps have been a bit warmer most of the summer. So year that's what they have been practicing in. It will cool off next month

As for practicing in the heat, that's what the MO center is for. They can crank up the heat, humidity and noise to simulate game conditions if they choose.

Feels more like late August than mid-September weather to me, but 90's in September is certainly not unheard of.

Western Oregon has had considerably cooler weather in the last week or so.

What? It's 91 in the shade outside my place right now. Last Thursday and Friday were cool in the 70s but other than that high 80s to low 90s. Granted I'm east of Eugene 35 miles. So some differences may exist.

Speaking of game time... I am stoked we don't go into Autzen at night when people are lit in every sense of the word.

I feel like the early/afternoon game time is a plus. Who knows though.

What does having the game at night have to do with how "lit" people get? Plenty will be having a beer or stronger with breakfast come Saturday.

Just be careful on the roads after the game.

What? It's 91 in the shade outside my place right now. Last Thursday and Friday were cool in the 70s but other than that high 80s to low 90s. Granted I'm east of Eugene 35 miles. So some differences may exist.

Guess I'm thinking Thursday and Friday -- up here in Portland, actually -- when it didn't make it above 70, with cool, heavy showers. I'm assuming it was pretty much the same in Eugene.

The point only being that it hasn't been this hot continuously over the last couple weeks.

VN Store

Back