Gameday Plans

Any big plans? What’s everyone having to eat? Any other games you’re looking forward to?

Unfortunately, I have to work Saturday but I should be off by Game time. Hoping to have family over to watch the game with some Steak pizza.
I enjoy texas roadhouse sliders in the truly tailgate by the stadium for food

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Attending a get together at a friends place Friday night, so probably won't be up too early Saturday.
Likely going to grab pizza from our local favorite place or do some wings and such from Popeye's.
After watching the Vols take care of business, going to settle in a catch a few other games...just a nice quiet, hopefully stress free, Saturday to start the new season.

Heading to Pigeon Forge Thursday afternoon. Will come down to the game Saturday, then go back and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Celebrating our wedding anniversary Sept 3 (and I have to go back to work that day, poor planning on my part.)

Staying home, as we do mostly these days. Noon time, just a big bowl of Chef Salad. After the game, smoked goat shoulder, baked sweet potato, steamed cajun flavored collard greens, and steamed yellow squash. Washed down with (sigh! Shirley insists) Barbaresco (red) wine. Desert will be Shirley's cream coffee pie.

Staying home, as we do mostly these days. Noon time, just a big bowl of Chef Salad. After the game, smoked goat shoulder, baked sweet potato, steamed cajun flavored collard greens, and steamed yellow squash. Washed down with (sigh! Shirley insists) Barbaresco (red) wine. Desert will be Shirley's cream coffee pie.
Woodsman, I'm into smoking meat but have never heard about goat shoulder. Where can you get it and what wood do you use for the smoke? Rub used?

Woodsman, I'm into smoking meat but have never heard about goat shoulder. Where can you get it and what wood do you use for the smoke? Rub used?
Other than than the old lady who raises a few, butches and sporadically sells the meat from her barn, you can order goat meat. Places I use off and on are:
1. Shepherd Song Farm
2. Broken Arrow Ranch - But lately, they don't seem to offer goat meat anymore.

Last edited:
Heading to Pigeon Forge Thursday afternoon. Will come down to the game Saturday, then go back and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Celebrating our wedding anniversary Sept 3 (and I have to go back to work that day, poor planning on my part.)
Agree On the poor planning. Never get married during CFB season…our anniversary is Oct 10.

My niece turned 5 today, and her birthday party is Saturday. But my brother and SIL had good sense enough to do a morning party. I’ll be out of there in time to head to my grandfather’s place to catch the game.
One of the best kids birthday parties I ever attended was during a Vols game. Granted it was for the kids 2nd birthday and just about everyone was a Vols fan.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Here's my gameday plan: A pint of Gentleman Jack with some Coke Zero in the walking cup once I get parked, followed by a leisurely stroll to Gus's for my traditional gameday vittles (reuben sub and fries). Purchase of a large maintenance beer or two at the aforementioned fine establishment, and a walk to the stadium for the game whilst I polish off the maintenance beer(s).

I think I’m going to make Philly cheesesteaks and fries. I’m going to try to catch parts of the Clemson/UGA game during commercials and later on watch Miami/FL. Friday OU/Temple (scope the competition), and LSU/USC on Sunday. Should be a fun weekend.
I can't believe they are playing at the same time. I really wanted to see what uga and Clemson look like this year.

Any big plans? What’s everyone having to eat? Any other games you’re looking forward to?

Unfortunately, I have to work Saturday but I should be off by Game time. Hoping to have family over to watch the game with some Steak pizza.
I’ll be attending my 8yo daughter’s first flag football game that morning. Hopefully celebrating a win and then back to the house in time for kickoff, GBMFO!!

VN Store

Back