Gameday Question

txvol19

Are power banks for phones allowed in the stadium? Planning on leaving my car early in the morning and spending the day on campus. Concerned my phone may not last the entire day+game. Thanks!

Reactions: PreacherWebb'sSon
One of those thingamajigs you plug into the doohickey to keep it charged all day should work.
I don't know if they're allowed.

Are power banks for phones allowed in the stadium? Planning on leaving my car early in the morning and spending the day on campus. Concerned my phone may not last the entire day+game. Thanks!
Yes, I was Austin Peay game and no issues getting in with my portable charger

Were you concerned in 1990 about having a phone with you. I still live like that. My phone stays in my car whenever I'm on the golf course or if I am at a game

did it go off going through the metal detectors? sometimes those make it go off at other places
Nope didn’t go off. I don’t remember if I had to take it out before walking through or if I still had it in my pocket when I walked through, but either way I got into the stadium with it.

Reactions: FBtime
Were you concerned in 1990 about having a phone with you. I still live like that. My phone stays in my car whenever I'm on the golf course or if I am at a game
Good for you. I can't do that. There is one exception though. The ANGC does not allow cell phones for patrons at the Masters. It is wonderful. Just in case you do need to check in, there are banks of free telephones close to the restroom facilities.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Good for you. I can't do that. There is one exception though. The ANGC does not allow cell phones for patrons at the Masters. It is wonderful. Just in case you do need to check in, there are banks of free telephones close to the restroom facilities.
Yes, I've been down there. There are a number of old school, exclusive Golf Clubs that don't allow phones on the course. If there"s an emergency, they'll ride out and get you. Like pre 21st century

Reactions: Tman44

No you don't. Pretty sure you didn't post on message boards in 1990. I could buy an expensive range finder and keep my handicap by hand but I have a phone that does both accurately. Why would I deny myself that convenience?

No you don't. Pretty sure you didn't post on message boards in 1990. I could buy an expensive range finder and keep my handicap by hand but I have a phone that does both accurately. Why would I deny myself that convenience?
I wonder how he streams golf cart music to his Bluetooth speaker.

Reactions: FBtime
That's you. I use the range finder

I came to ask the same question, then found this. Hope it helps.

txvol, frankly speaking, I don't know the answer to your question. What I do know is that the last few times I attended live games at Neyland, I had two portable power packs with me. One clearly visible and clipped to my belt. One was a plugin charger type, the other was a dual solar-powered/plugin unit. Nobody said anything to me. I even stood right next to a cop at the bookstore, and again just before the Vol Walk, very briefly chatted with them (they were apparently teamed together). If you mean the hand sized portable chargers, nobody stopped me. IIRC, I think one fan admired my having the one clipped to my belt, that's all.

VN Store

Back