Geez....more Ut Players In Trouble

orangewizard98

Being reported by posters on Volquest that local TV and radio in Knoxville that Jerod Mayo and Robert Ayers were involved in some sort of altercation at the University Center and were arrested this morning but are now back on campus.

Time to take control of the football program, Coach Fulmer. This is getting to be embarrassing and it has to end NOW! No wonder people refer to us as the new "thug U". We're giving them good reason. UT players are making the news at least once a month over some BS. Time to start kicking a**** off the football team if they aren't going to act like somebody and represent the University of Tennessee the way it should be represented. Its getting old!

this sux. not even gonna comment about this one. i'm really ticked. this is not what ut football is all about. :disappointed:

These arrests now appear to have been a result of the same altercation that Daniel Brooks was involved in a couple weeks back. Apparently Mayo and Ayers were also involved and warrants were just now issued for their arrest. They spent a few hours in jail thi morning after being picked up at around 11:00AM.

Still, the reputation of Tennessee football is starting to become a bit poor-looking as of late.

This may sound unpopular, but I think Fulmer needs to look at what Spurrier is doing in South Carolina. As much as we may not like Steve-O, he is running a no BS program in Columbia right now. You screw around under him, you get the full extent of punishment you have coming to you, no ifs ands or buts. I know that our guys making mistakes are not too different from most other programs in the country, but they still need to be held accountable for what they do. I think Fulmer should punish each player for deviant actions, no matter their position. Football is a sport of discipline in every aspect, and if CPF is going to prove he still has his value as a coach, he will not bend with any of his players.

:shakehead: :disappointed:

Well somthing needs to be done. I like winning football games, but recruiting thugs is not the only way to be a succesful program. I just hope that most of the players on our team are not like this.

I agree. Something has to be done. I all for second chances and everything, but things are starting to get out of control and Coach Fulmer needs to send a serious message that if you're going to play for Tennessee, you're going to have to show some responsibilty. The perception of UT is turning into a program that is starting to spin out of control to some degree.

Must we use the word thugs? So that means everyone that has gotten into a fight or in trouble growing up is a thug? And please tell me what a thug is?

thug: a brutal ruffian; noun

I'm fed up with this :censored: . I'm skippin the Orange and White Game. Why spend 3 hours watching 3rd string practice. I can do that any day.

Well, this really isn't new if it was for the frat party thing....

Still bad though.

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN+Apr 12, 2005 9:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (UTVOLFAN @ Apr 12, 2005 9:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-duckman398686@Apr 12, 2005 8:16 PM
i&#39;ll take the tickets. :rocks:

im a student, i just swipe my card at the gate [/quote]
Do they still do that?

Mayo was never involved but Ayers was the one with Brooks. Brooks has been suspended for the 1st 2 games this fall and Ayers has been indefinitely suspended

Yeah . . . a good Tennessee boy would have waited until he was off camera to beat the crap out of that dude.

I don&#39;t look like it at all that UT is being looked at as a THUG program.

I think we are going through a rough patch and if we can stay clean for a few years it will be fine.

If we keep getting arrests though, we deserve the title

VN Store

Back