Geno Auriemma Is A Jerk

I read that whole story and still don't know what he said. Any ideas?

I can't find out anything. Must have been a racial slur. Or the B word.

I'm sure he called her a bitch or something. Geno's a prick, always will be, I'm surprised someone else is surprised this happened.

Here is what I found on it...

This is from a local Conn paper........

Here's what I was able to learn, leaving out as many names as possible to protect the innocent.

Late in the game with the outcome having already been decided in UConn's favor, a UConn player was on the foul line. A Rutgers player was razzing her and Auriemma didn't much like it. He turned to official Dennis DeMayo and urged him to tell the player to knock it off.

"Geno says he didn't say 'hell' but he did. I heard him," said Barbara Jacobs, a Big East assistant commissioner in charge of women's basketball officiating who was sitting at courtside. "He said, "Dennis, tell her to shut the hell up."

Mulcahy said he was told profanity was used and would address it with UConn AD Jeff Hathaway at the Big East men's tournament today in New York. Could "hell" have been it?

Overhearing the exchange, Pondexter made a mocking face at Auriemma, and according to one eye witness, gave him a one-finger salute, holding the finger close to her body in hopes of concealing the gesture. Auriemma told her to check the scoreboard and behave herself. He may have used profanity then, but hey, he was on the wrong end of the finger.

Whatever Auriemma said Pondexter didn't much appreciate and chose to point another finger at him later in full view of TV camera. Her team had lost and she was upset. The quizzical look on Auriemma's face tells you that he never expected Pondexter to do such a thing.

Afterward, Pondexter explained her side of the story to Stringer, AD Mulcahy jumped into the fray, and basically, all hell broke loose.

"Vivian got some bad information and ran with it," Auriemma said. "Cappie let her emotions get the better of her. I plan to chat with her real soon."

There are certain words that come to mind when I think of ol' GA. Crybaby, very poor loser, wusse, etc. I mentioned before and I will again at this point that I remember when they were undefeated and we beat them.

There sat ol' Geno on the bench "CRYING"! :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

Geno is an :shakeit: and always will be!! How in the world does he get players to play for him all he does is yell at them! Did yall see that practice they should on ESPN! Geez and that was with camera there! I can only imagine if it wasnt there!

How did I know after seeing the title of this thread that LIO would be the author. :lol:

Well maybe we can get some pay back for rutgers if we play uconn in the tournament. National champs baby.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Mar 9, 2005 7:58 PM
How did I know after seeing the title of this thread that LIO would be the author. :lol:

Auriemma :chair: LIO

Originally posted by LadyinOrange+Mar 9, 2005 9:11 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LadyinOrange @ Mar 9, 2005 9:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Mar 9, 2005 7:58 PM
How did I know after seeing the title of this thread that LIO would be the author.  :lol:

Auriemma :chair: LIO [/quote]
:dlol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

Originally posted by Vols4life+Mar 9, 2005 9:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vols4life @ Mar 9, 2005 9:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 9, 2005 9:11 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak
@Mar 9, 2005 7:58 PM
How did I know after seeing the title of this thread that LIO would be the author.  :lol:

Auriemma :chair: LIO

:dlol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: [/quote]
:lol:

Come on LIO, didn&#39;t you know that he is coming to Knoxville to coach our men&#39;s team? :good:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 9, 2005 6:16 PM
The quizzical look on Auriemma&#39;s face tells you that he never expected Pondexter to do such a thing.

That SHOULD have read.....

The quizzical look on Auriemma&#39;s face tells you that he has the IQ of a dust bunny and the manners of a pig.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Mar 9, 2005 11:28 PM
Come on LIO, didn&#39;t you know that he is coming to Knoxville to coach our men&#39;s team? :good:

Good grief, owb, that was way below the belt, even in jest. Yuck. You almost ruined my whole day right there.

Some things simply cannot be tolerated and GA coaching, or even visiting the Vols, is totally unacceptable.

That came close to being a wash-your-mouth-out-with-soap episode...

Originally posted by surrealvol+Mar 10, 2005 3:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (surrealvol @ Mar 10, 2005 3:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orangewhiteblood@Mar 9, 2005 11:28 PM
Come on LIO, didn&#39;t you know that he is coming to Knoxville to coach our men&#39;s team?  :good:

Good grief, owb, that was way below the belt, even in jest. Yuck. You almost ruined my whole day right there.

Some things simply cannot be tolerated and GA coaching, or even visiting the Vols, is totally unacceptable.

That came close to being a wash-your-mouth-out-with-soap episode... [/quote]
:lol: Sorry, I don&#39;t know what came over me. I guess that I was just trying to make the chance of Bobby Knight coming here look better.

VN Store

Back