Georgia Players In Bar Brawl

Originally posted by volmanjr@Apr 12, 2005 4:46 PM
football players+ booze+ high levels of testosterone= brawl

Throw in some popcorn and you've got it made...

It is always unfortunate when these things happen.

There is a good deal of inappropriateness to these things though. Just as with Brent and Bret, these things happen in other walks of life but we never read about them.

Young men make mistakes. Often these kids are away from home for the first time, they have very little consistent adult supervision, and they are always offered situations that are ripe for trouble.

Of the more than 100 young men we have in the football program 2 or 3 usually get their names in the paper. It's the same with other schools. Fans need to stop and take a breath because they're just kids.

Any man on this board who can honestly say he's never been in a fist fight is either the most fortunate, most sheltered, or most coward guy on the planet.

I'm not condoning it, but calling a kid a thug for defending his girl is small and uncalled for.

Calling a kid a thug for any reason without knowing all the facts is only done when there's an agenda involved.

I agree with most of what you are saying OldVol.

My point all along is that the trend line for UT players over the last few years is going in the wrong direction. I bet if we looked at this objectively (e.g. counted the number of these incidents by schools) over the last couple of years, we would be in or near the top 10! Not a stat we should strive for to say the least. Individual incidents are not the issue, it is the number of individual incidents that is worrysome. :twocents:

Originally posted by OldVol@Apr 12, 2005 5:21 PM
Any man on this board who can honestly say he's never been in a fist fight is either the most fortunate, most sheltered, or most coward guy on the planet.

Well, I am 27 and have never been in a fist fight...I am not fortunate, sheltered or a coward...as a matter of fact, when I think back on my heavy drinking days, I am amazed that nobody ever tried to take a swing at me at some point. So, maybe I am fortunate... :question:

There is still time a lot of time left though. Which one of you wants to come down and get you some? Huh Huh?? :bottom: :boxing:

;)

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Apr 12, 2005 4:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Apr 12, 2005 4:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-OldVol@Apr 12, 2005 5:21 PM
Any man on this board who can honestly say he&#39;s never been in a fist fight is either the most fortunate, most sheltered, or most coward guy on the planet.

Well, I am 27 and have never been in a fist fight...I am not fortunate, sheltered or a coward...as a matter of fact, when I think back on my heavy drinking days, I am amazed that nobody ever tried to take a swing at me at some point. So, maybe I am fortunate... :question:

There is still time a lot of time left though. Which one of you wants to come down and get you some? Huh Huh?? :bottom: :boxing:

;) [/quote]
You are very fortunate if you&#39;ve done much drinking at all.

Drink is a real aid in fist fights. :p

where and when buddy ? just joshin I&#39;m 36 and have not been in a fist fight since high school and like you say I&#39;m just lucky that during my drinking days I never got my head busted ( of course I was always a friendly drunk)

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Apr 12, 2005 5:38 PM
OWB, maybe you were just ten feet tall and bullet-proof.

:lol:

You got that right....still am..

And OldVol, I did enough drinking for whole state of Virginia back then....maybe they felt sorry for me... :lol:

Bring it on JR, leave your way of the Bushido at home...

:lol:

Just because this type of thing happens doesn&#39;t excuse them from what they did. We probably shouldn&#39;t overreact to them and crucify them for their actions as they are so common, but the rules are the rules. They should get the punishment they deserve.

is it me, or is all of college football nothing but young punks.

i mean look at south carolina, miami, ga, ut.

or maybe its just the south.

well look at ummmm was it arizona or asu. ne way. the guy killed his teammate.

i mean damn what is up?

Instances of players involved in crime out here are seemingly less... Although we (west coasters) as a whole are far-less infatuated with college football than people in the south. So that may be it.

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Apr 12, 2005 9:14 PM
we gotta get control of these kids.

i say spank first ask questions later.

Hey dude, if you want to spank Daniel Brooks or someone go ahead....

I will come to your funeral and say a few good words about you...

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Apr 12, 2005 8:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Apr 12, 2005 8:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-checkerboard_charly@Apr 12, 2005 9:14 PM
we gotta get control of these kids.

i say spank first ask questions later.

Hey dude, if you want to spank Daniel Brooks or someone go ahead....

I will come to your funeral and say a few good words about you... [/quote]
:eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :dlol:

We should wait until all the facts are out.

We ask everyone to do the same for us so why not them?

VN Store

Back