Georgia Senator goes after the BCS

GoVols876

Cheap shots on the BCS | Mr. College Football | ajc.com

I am not sure if you have heard about this, but an upset Senator from Georgia is upset that the Dawgs didn’t get their shot at the National Championship game, so he is starting an inquiry in the legality of the BCS. Other sponsors include Senators from Hawaii and Idaho.

Seriously, get over it. No Conference title = No Chance for a National Championship

Three thoughts:

1) Overall, a playoff would be better than the BCS.

2) They may have an argument that the BCS represents some colorable anti-trust claims.

3) The only reason these guys are doing this is local politics. See also Specter looking into New England-Philly game issues.

I believe one from Hawaii and one from Idaho (Boise St) are co-sponsoring too.

Edit: yep they are

Let me help the gentlemen from Georgia (Lynn Westmoreland), Idaho (Mike Simpson), and Hawaii (Neil Abercrombie).

I believe one from Hawaii and one from Idaho (Boise St) are co-sponsoring too.

Edit: yep they are

I noticed that too. Sounds like sour grapes. I will have to admit if worked out right a playoff would be better IMO.

That's what we need. Congress getting involved in college sports. Lord knows that Congress has a great record on issues.

Here's an idea for the Senate. How about focus your attention on not taking so much of my money from me. Then when you get that fixed we can let you look into sports.

That's what we need. Congress getting involved in college sports. Lord knows that Congress has a great record on issues.

Here's an idea for the Senate. How about focus your attention on not taking so much of my money from me. Then when you get that fixed we can let you look into sports.

Agree completely.

Nothing is ever gonna change until a playoff is implemented into I-A football.(I still call it this).

I'm glad that politicians from Georgia spend their time worrying about the important things when it comes to running the state. I wish I could move back to Knoxville and get away from this unmanaged, mess of an area that is metro Atlanta.

I'm glad that politicians from Georgia spend their time worrying about the important things when it comes to running the state. I wish I could move back to Knoxville and get away from this unmanaged, mess of an area that is metro Atlanta.

Move to Oconee Co. :)

absolutely, me too. and work on these d@#n gas prices, too.

It isn't the government's job to manage or manipulate the market. Some will promise to in an attempt to get elected, but there really isn't much they can do about it to make it better. In fact, most efforts suggested will make it far worse.

It isn't the government's job to manage or manipulate the market. Some will promise to in an attempt to get elected, but there really isn't much they can do about it to make it better. In fact, most efforts suggested will make it far worse.

Whenever the government gets involved it costs us much more in the long run. Good post!

Someone's a little bitter after tax day...:)

As long as there is no collusion between competitors, I agree. Not so sure about that with oil companies.

Without sufficient competition that's exactly what our government's job is.

There is competition. Where there isn't, it is because of government regulation itself (refineries built, access to new oil discoveries). It is a finite resource that will not exist in world supply levels in fifty years. The government can't change that.

There is competition. Where there isn't, it is because of government regulation itself (refineries built, access to new oil discoveries). It is a finite resource that will not exist in world supply levels in fifty years. The government can't change that.

I wasn't talking about anything specific to the oil industry, I was just making a general statement.

one of the dumbest things i've ever seen.

the only thing dumber are some of the comments posted under the article.

VN Store

Back