Getting pumped

milohimself

RIP CITY
Gonna be watching some college classics all morning on ESPN Classic. 1988 Notre Dame at USC is wrapping up right now, next is 1997 Rose Bowl Ohio State vs. Arizona State, then later on today is USC's whooping on the Bear from 1978.

The season is a month away! I'm bound to die from the pressure right now...

Plus I wonder how long before they start reairing Texas vs. Michigan in last year's Rose Bowl. THAT was a classic game.

Yeah I would love to re-watch the Texas vs. Michigan Rose Bowl. And to think that there were tons of people saying Texas didn't deserve to go to the Rose Bowl.

I personally would like to re-watch the Iowa vs. LSU Bowl game from last year. That had a hell of a finish.

I am one of those people that believe Texas didn't deserve that spot in the Rose Bowl... Doesn't change the fact that it was a hell of a game though

And you're right, Drew Tate smacking down a Hail Mary to take out LSU would be great to watch.

Right now, I could watch the annual pillow fight between Kentucky and Vanderbilt to determine the SEC's worst and still be content. It's college ball.

how about the tennesse vs. flordia game from last year. that was helluva good game.

Definitley a good one, but I don't know about replay value on nation-wide cable TV. It was exciting but the outcome of the game ended up not meaning a whole lot.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 30, 2005 10:40 AM
It was exciting but the outcome of the game ended up not meaning a whole lot.
[snapback]119501[/snapback]​

How so?

Well, it wasn't a bowl game, it wasn't a top 5 matchup in the late season, and Florida ended up not being much of a competitor last season.

Watching Rodney Peete play was great. I really like his quarterbacking style, a great mix of scrambling ability to create passing opportunities.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 30, 2005 6:13 PM
Well, it wasn't a bowl game, it wasn't a top 5 matchup in the late season, and Florida ended up not being much of a competitor last season.
[snapback]119591[/snapback]​

I don't care if FloRIDA ( see how it's REALLY spelled, 2345? :shakehead: ) was to get beaten by VANDY, it would still make my season to beat them.

Bama too.

I believe that whole game WAS one big play :lol:

And LIO, I'd love to rewatch the Florida game as well, I'm just saying there is little chance they'd play it on ESPN Classic. The game didn't mean a whole lot in terms of the national scene.

Originally posted by surrealvol@Jul 30, 2005 9:59 PM
I pull out the U.T./A&M Cotton Bowl game every week or so and watch the big plays over again...
[snapback]119718[/snapback]​

YOU must be the one who took my mysteriously missing Cotton Bowl tape!!

Just kidding, Sir Eel.

VN Store

Back