Give ABC your evidence for global warming

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
ABC wants to compile observations by the masses that would indicate global warming. They are asking for pictures, data, and video. In short, they want to know about anything you've seen in your neigborhoods that may have been caused by global warming.

ABC

Witnessing the impact of global warming in your life?

ABC News wants to hear from you. We're currently producing a report on global warming and want to find out if you've seen differences in your daily environment that you think are caused by climate change.

The Scientific Consensus on Climate Change.

Policy-makers and the media, particularly in the United States, frequently assert that climate science is highly uncertain. Some have used this as an argument against adopting strong measures to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. For example, while discussing a major U.S. Environmental Protection Agency report on the risks of climate change, then-EPA administrator Christine Whitman argued, "As [the report] went through review, there was less consensus on the science and conclusions on climate change" (1). Some corporations whose revenues might be adversely affected by controls on carbon dioxide emissions have also alleged major uncertainties in the science (2). Such statements suggest that there might be substantive disagreement in the scientific community about the reality of anthropogenic climate change. This is not the case.

There is absolutely a consensus on the reality of global warming. There is also a consensus that human activities are causing climate changes.

The only thing that I don't believe there is a consensus on is exactly HOW MUCH of the current climate change is "natural" and how much is the result of human activities.

Here are my pics I am sending: *This is the non-serious part of my post......I think..... :cross:

Too hot to swim!
swimming%20pool.jpg

Dogs eating Cats!
jer_bestfriends.jpg

People bursting into flames, at night!
_41041270_fire_ap203.jpg

:lol:

On a more serious note, anyone else think what ABC is doing is seriously screwed up? The average citizen is in no way qualified to determine the effects of global climate change. The very request will result in attribution of "it's because of global warming" for any negative change they observe.

In otherwords, rather than help people understand the issue it will more likely lead to misunderstanding.

I would like to attribute the success of UT Men's Basketball to Global Warming (and for that matter, the decline of the women's team.)

(milohimself @ Jul 13 said:
Wait.... Ahhhhh, I just did my part to add to global warming.
:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

(therealUT @ Jul 13 said:
I would like to attribute the success of UT Men's Basketball to Global Warming (and for that matter, the decline of the women's team.)

What decline? :lol:

~*Crystal*~

Ever since Gore started his Global Warming road show, the LadyVols have failed to win an NCAA Championship...coincidence? I think not.

(therealUT @ Jul 13 said:
Ever since Gore started his Global Warming road show, the LadyVols have failed to win an NCAA Championship...coincidence? I think not.

:lol:

If I believed that failing to win a national championship was a decline in the program...you may have an argument there. :birgits_giggle:

~*Crystal*~

The man who ruined LadyVols basketball!

imageCAN13405221247.jpg

More examples of global warming, I thought ABC should have them........

Web_Zoom.jpeg

antaricwaves.jpg

berg_cave.jpg

smokestack.jpg

smoke.stack.gif

a3681_1977.jpg

b-52g-dfst8712398.jpg

[attachmentid=5509][attachmentid=5508]

Clearly Heat Miser is growing more powerful than the Snow Miser. Notice how the Snow Miser is blurry (melting) while ole Heaty is nice and crisp!

Attachments

• bigheat.jpg
    bigheat.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 0
  • snow2.jpg
    snow2.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
(volinbham @ Jul 13 said:
[attachmentid=5509][attachmentid=5508]

Clearly Heat Miser is growing more powerful than the Snow Miser. Notice how the Snow Miser is blurry (melting) while ole Heaty is nice and crisp!

My McDonald's ice cream melted before I got back to the house today. :dance: So I am convinced.... please alert Al Gore.....

VN Store

Back