Glad we don't need a new football coach

I never wanted Gruden here, despite all the ballyhoo during our dark times. I think because I considered him a fake who took over a ready to go, Tampa team or something, and got lucky. Lucky that one time, the crash dived thereafter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scot Harvath
Reactions: McDad
Having a cheerleader wife and a Super Bowl Ring does not necessarily make an excellent college head coach.

That wasn’t the question. The question was why has there been love for a Gruden at UT.

Add his QB show on ESPN to the list along with the NFL success and the local in-laws and also being a GA on Johnny’s staff establishing the connection.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I never wanted Gruden here, despite all the ballyhoo during our dark times. I think because I considered him a fake who took over a ready to go, Tampa team or something, and got lucky. Lucky that one time, the crash dived thereafter.
Yes but those Grumors threads were freaking epic. I never had so much fun on these forums then when we all came on those threads and just laughed in our misery.

Reactions: McDad
if we were looking for a coach I would be there would be some Vol fans who still believe Gruden would come here 😂😂😂😂. I for one am glad Gruden never came here.

I know Florida will try to go after Kiffin, but with the playoff schedule and early signing and transfer portal period now, would a coach from a playoff team leave before their season is over? I don't see that happening

Those long walks and talks on the beach, the patrician discussions of ales, malts, and bourbons, the constant reporting of real estate transactions by Gruden in East Tennessee, knowing those in the know and knowing what they know, .... the whole Gruden hoax the last time was everything bad about Vol fans, it had no redeeming value at all. Even those flirting with a poster who purportedly was a chica were pathetic and didn't get laid for crying out loud.

VN Store

Back