Go Notre Dame

Austin

Notre Dame putting it on USC.
Would love to see USC go down. Granted, as big a hard on as the nation has for them I am sure they would only drop to 2, but still.... Would help our SOS a little at least...

I'd heard that SOS plays very little in the BcS formula now, that they threw it out along with quality wins and now it's just poll position that determines a BcS score?

Will a USC win make AUB more or less beatable?

I would think more beatable. They would already be in the NC game, facing a lackluster Tennessee team that struggled against Vandy and UK. Not too much reason to get hyped up, it may lull them into thinking they can walk into the Georgia Dome, sleepwalk through the game, and move on to the national title game. JMO.

SOS is very much a part of the computer rankings - one third (I believe) of the BCS rankings.

So it helps us in the computer rankings, but will it make up for the shaft we're given in the national polls? I don't think anyone will think back to the ND/UT game and think UT should be rated higher because ND was underrated at the time.

My original post was about Auburn's mentality as a result of a USC win or loss - which gives us the better chance for the upset? With a USC loss - all they have to do is beat us and they are in the title game. With a USC win, they must crush us to even get a shot at the NC game.

GO TROJANS! Gotta root Pac-10 here

Notre Dame has been playing very tough, but USC is already starting to break away a bit. Reggie Bush is hitting a rythm, as is Leinart and the WR's are excellent as usual. Pete Carroll is the best second half coach in the nation, IMO. Look for them to toy with ND in the second half.

At least if ND won, I would feel a little less bad about Vols losing to them.

If ND loses, we'll be subject to those morons from ND (jason and the other guy). Go Trojans :D

I still say USC will soundly beat ND, but I have to hand it to the Irish, they are playing some good ball.

I thought SOS was removed this time round "which i am against",if im mistaken please correct me. :finger: BCS o congrats on the win!! dunno what to say on that. :beer:

While SOS is not a separate part of the BCS formula, I believe it is part of the computer rankings which taken as a whole are part of the formula.

VN Store

Back