Good article on Dylan Sampson

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
“That's just who he is, man,” Mistretta said. “He's always got a smile on his face. He's always saying hello to people, whether it be the bus driver, the trainers, the managers, whoever. He goes out of his way to make people feel at ease when he's around.”
The running back was the first non-kicker to play varsity football at Dutchtown, the largest high school in Louisiana. He ended up breaking Eddie Lacy’s program record for all-time rushing yards with almost 5,000.
Mistretta described the family as “down to Earth” and one of the best he has gotten to work with during his over 30-year coaching career. For Sampson, they’re his support system. He gets texts from everyone in his extended family, and his mom sends him photos of the family sporting Sampson’s Tennessee jersey.

“It is real deep and they let me know ‘good job,’” Sampson said. “And my mom, my dad, they try to get to every game they can. So it's hard not to think about family. They’re a big support system.”

Has a nose for the end zone. He needs more touches.

I like all of our RBs, each of them bring a different skill set. Sampson is different in a good way. He has a great combination of elusiveness, speed, and vision. He needs more touches for sure.

Unfortunately, because of our reputation, the QB is gonna get the attention in our offense.

But anyone actually watching our games are gonna be wowed by the run game. These guys are doing a ton without getting absolutely drilled 45 times a game.

I hate giving any bammer credit but Satan did this rotatiation thing really well. He convinced multiple backs that you do not have to break the rushing record to get to the NFL. All you gotta do is show them you can play and then collect the check.

I hope this is the same idea that we are pitching and that all three backs get paid in the NFL.

Last edited:
I hate giving any bammer credit but Satan did this rotatiation thing really well. He convinced multiple backs that you do not have to break the rushing record to get to the NFL. All you gotta do is show them you can play and then collect the check.

I hope this is the same idea that we are pitching and that all three backs get paid in the NFL.
Yep, he's done well but he couldn't keep Kamara from leaving when it was a heavy rotation.

I am really confused by this
The running back was the first non-kicker to play varsity football at Dutchtown, the largest high school in Louisiana. He ended up breaking Eddie Lacy’s program record for all-time rushing yards with almost 5,000.

huh? so before he came they only had kickers on the varsity football team?

I am really confused by this

huh? so before he came they only had kickers on the varsity football team?
Yeah, that's poorly written. He was the first "freshman" non-kicker.

Since Kamara came here played well then good for us but I thought it was a discipline issue and it sure didn't hurt bama to lose Kamara.
Well he was in B field with D Henry that's legit but TJ Yeldon & Altee Tenpenny. Henry was better the other 2 not so much. Saban don't care about discipline if you're NFL good, he's played guys that were arrested with guns and drugs before, after they sat out the SouthNorthwesteast University game.;)

VN Store

Back