Good morning (afternoon) to you all

milohimself

RIP CITY
This has been a very interesting morning. I had stayed up late last night with nothing better to do than finish my game of Fable on the XBox then proceed to look at speakers online. I knew the Tennessee game wasn’t going to be aired the next morning, so I didn’t have to worry about waking up at 9AM on a Saturday to watch my Vols kill Kentucky. I usually welcome the idea of waking up for a good football game anyways, but I was comfortably sleeping in late resting assured that my Vols were going to humiliate the KY.

Around the time of 12:30 in the afternoon, I slowly wake up from the sprawled out position I slept in. With hair assuredly sticking up in every direction off my head and a light tint of facial hair grown since the last time I shaved, I slowly dragged my head across my olive-colored futon to reach into a pile of clothes on my floor to search for the TV remote. After about fifteen seconds, I had found it and was relieved. I rested myself up onto my elbows, reached out to the TV and pressed 3 then 5 on my remote to turn it to trusty ESPN, expecting to see the gang of douche bags and the cool black guy on College Gameday. It was a commercial which I waited patiently through; eyeing the mess I had to clean up in my room. The impending sense of doom I had looking at the huge amount of clothes I had to clean up would compare not to a phrase which I can’t even remember correctly coming from the Gameday crew. It was something along the lines of “Kentucky about to upset the Vols.”

Somehow a dark fog descended around my room and beetles were crawling all over the damn place. Okay, that didn’t really happen, but if it did, I wouldn’t be surprised. It felt that way to see my Vols tailing Ken-freakin’-tucky with little time left to go in the fourth. The Gameday crew continued their banter on the upcoming Notre Dame vs. USC game (that is, after all, where they are today), while I nervously waited for another update. Rick Clausen interception… GAH!!!

After a while they saw a clip. This must have been a strong clip. It must have been surgical. It must have been freaking magical. It simultaneously pulled a one ton weight off my chest, pulled butterflies out of my stomach and gave me the biggest sense of relief I have had in a while. What was it? C-Hou running it down the middle for a TD… Maybe it was down the side? I dunno. Just, a guy wearing orange, holding a ball, standing in the matching checkerboard turf. Things were all right.

What happened? We went from beating the mighty Georgia Bulldogs and even taking it to Florida with two inexperienced QB’s to making Vanderbilt look five times better than they really are and having to rely on a big come-from-behind to beat Kentucky, the ugly black eye on that pretty lil’ face of the SEC.

I don’t have any answers… I just know that I am relieved to see the Vols win again, but still upset we had to come from behind like that.

Leaving you all with peace, love, and the occasional anecdote,

- milo

GO VOLS!

Nice post Milo. :D

Tough day today but it could have been worse: at least we won. This was another tough game to get up for. We had absolutely nothing to play for today. That's not a valid excuse in my book but that's basicly what it came down to.

I just hope this is some scheme by CPF to fake out Auburn and have them put their guard down. Afterall, if we wanna play close to the vest, as Philly-Ful does, we will absolutely have to avoid Auburn jumping out on top in the beginning like they usually do. If they do that, we are screwed.

Originally posted by milohimself@Nov 27, 2004 3:37 PM
What happened? We went from beating the mighty Georgia Bulldogs and even taking it to Florida with two inexperienced QB’s to making Vanderbilt look five times better than they really are and having to rely on a big come-from-behind to beat Kentucky, the ugly black eye on that pretty lil’ face of the SEC.

- milo

GO VOLS!

We lost the two inexperienced QB's. THAT'S what happened.

Originally posted by milohimself@Nov 27, 2004 4:57 PM
I just hope this is some scheme by CPF to fake out Auburn and have them put their guard down. Afterall, if we wanna play close to the vest, as Philly-Ful does, we will absolutely have to avoid Auburn jumping out on top in the beginning like they usually do. If they do that, we are screwed.

Yep.

So did you get your clothes cleaned up? The suspense is killing me! :blink:

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Nov 27, 2004 7:46 PM
So did you get your clothes cleaned up? The suspense is killing me! :blink:

:dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :lol:

An article I read Sunday reminded me that the Vols came from behind to beat Kentucky 38-36 in 2001. After that game, the Vols were 17-point underdogs against 2nd ranked Florida. Anybody remember the outcome of that Florida game?

34-32

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Nov 27, 2004 5:14 PM
We lost the two inexperienced QB's. THAT'S what happened.

As I recall, neither Brent Schaeffer or Erik Ainge are (were) on the defensive depth chart.

I don't think you can blame Sander's troops for giving up 1310 net yards of total offense by UT's last three SEC opponents.

While we're at it, I don't think Ainge or Schaeffer played on Tennessee's special teams, either.

:shakehead:

we have special teams? funny I don't remember seeing them... all year!

VN Store

Back