GOP in Kansas

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Well, this thread will likely be removed too, but maybe people, some anyway, are finally waking up. And maybe common sense is returning, or trying to return.

Well, this thread will likely be removed too, but maybe people, some anyway, are finally waking up. And maybe common sense is returning, or trying to return.

Wouldn't it be better suited in one of the various election threads?

Or are you rivaling @lawgator1 for total amount of threads started?

Wouldn't it be better suited in one of the various election threads?

Or are you rivaling @lawgator1 for total amount of threads started?

Anything to avoid the fact that Trump's base is held together with kite string and chewing gum in the form of the wackier, the better, amirite?

Anything to avoid the fact that Trump's base is held together with kite string and chewing gum in the form of the wackier, the better, amirite?
You realize a really, really big chunk of likely Trump voters are basically voting in direct opposition to Biden et al. as opposed to "for" Trump, right? In fact it's probably a very poor approach to the election for Democrats to try and just vilify the hard MAGA contingent and just assume everybody else will find their offering (Biden, Newsome, MO/whoever) acceptable.

I think you did more dot than me in the 80’s.
Could be. My generation was forced to breath DDT during the street by street spraying to fight malaria. Which might explain a lot of things 'bout me. There was no vax against that, you know.

Could be. My generation was forced to breath DDT during the street by street spraying to fight malaria. Which might explain a lot of things 'bout me. There was no vax against that, you know.
Lots of things happened in the 80’s and we are both still alive.

Unless you were huffing DDT you had no ill effects from it.

Lots of things happened in the 80’s and we are both still alive.
Including my hitting a car head on riding a bicycle. Being catapulting over the hood, and having folks run out to help only to be stunned that while the bike was bent out of shape. I was just fine. Lots happened, yessiree.

Unless you were huffing DDT you had no ill effects from it.
Not being a doctor, you don't know that. The cloud of mist didn't stay in the street, it drifted in yards, on porches, and in windows if they were open. I recall coughing, having stinging eyes. That's huffing the stuff too. But I never had any medical check as to any effects. And I can testify, during my backpacking years into remote areas of national forests and park, I all but bathed in DDT to keep mosquitoes and other pests off. But Dr. Hogg88, other than maybe a quack license, you have no idea if those exposed to DDT incurred any medical consequences or not. I never had a medical check-up to identify possible outcomes. But some people did have resultant outcomes. I might too, but never was checked for any. But as a Trumpling, of course you're allergic to facts, so no surprise there.

Not being a doctor, you don't know that. The cloud of mist didn't stay in the street, it drifted in yards, on porches, and in windows if they were open. I recall coughing, having stinging eyes. That's huffing the stuff too. But I never had any medical check as to any effects. And I can testify, during my backpacking years into remote areas of national forests and park, I all but bathed in DDT to keep mosquitoes and other pests off. But Dr. Hogg88, other than maybe a quack license, you have no idea if those exposed to DDT incurred any medical consequences or not. I never had a medical check-up to identify possible outcomes. But some people did have resultant outcomes. I might too, but never was checked for any. But as a Trumpling, of course you're allergic to facts, so no surprise there.

The DDT studies that lead to its ban were debunked decades ago. The banning of DDT worldwide has lead to millions of unnecessary deaths.

Your sources mainly glorify DDT use and its effectiveness, which I didn't contest. The first article does admit DDT provokes negative medical consequences, which contradicts your claim DDT doesn't do, unless inhaled cocaine sniffing style. Which is what happened to many during the heyday of street fogging DDT. The second article raises the issue of political and corporate self-interest in the anti-DDT movement. None of your verbose articles uphold your claim DDT is harmless to humans and causes no ill side effects in its use. Just the same, thanks for troubling yourself to locate sources, even if irrelevant to the original topic. However, your claim is not without merit, and the article below is better at lending support for it than what you provided.

And to think all of this back and forth was borne from my giving a flippant response to another poster.
1709820559443.png

Your sources mainly glorify DDT use and its effectiveness, which I didn't contest. The first article does admit DDT provokes negative medical consequences, which contradicts your claim DDT doesn't do, unless inhaled cocaine sniffing style. Which is what happened to many during the heyday of street fogging DDT. The second article raises the issue of political and corporate self-interest in the anti-DDT movement. None of your verbose articles uphold your claim DDT is harmless to humans and causes no ill side effects in its use. Just the same, thanks for troubling yourself to locate sources, even if irrelevant to the original topic. However, your claim is not without merit, and the article below is better at lending support for it than what you provided.

And to think all of this back and forth was borne from my giving a flippant response to another poster.
View attachment 625447

Over exposure to damn near anything will cause ill effects. DDT was safe, effective and demonized because of it.

Over exposure to damn near anything will cause ill effects. DDT was safe, effective and demonized because of it.
WHAT are YOU talking about? How far from the actual topic do you plan to walk, drive, swim, or fly?

VN Store

Back