wilkes to tennessee

Brent Dougherty

Sports Director/Co-host Prime Time Sports

News Radio 1510 WLAC-Nashville

Weeknights from 5p-8p

Check us out on the web: 1510wlac.com; keyword PTS

Murfreesboro and Rutherford County, Tennessee news from The Daily News Journal

Smyrna's Wilks chooses Tennessee

Smyrna wide receiver/defensive back Rodriguez Wilks, one of the state’s top football recruits, announced this morning he will attend the University of Tennessee.

Wilks chose the Volunteers over Florida, South Carolina and Vanderbilt.

“Now my mom won’t have to paint the living room blue and orange,” said Wilks, referring to his decision not to go to Florida.

Wilks said having the opportunity to play with his brother, Vols’ sophomore defensive back Marsalous Johnson, weighed in his decision.

Through four games this season, Wilks has caught 19 passes for 297 yards and five touchdowns.

So will he play O or D? WR is pretty deep at this point and will have very stiff comp. next year.

Just making sure...no particular reason.. was just hoping that he'd be eligible next year
:eek:k:We get enough players like Berry and Wilks even UT's coaching staff will have trouble keeping them from winning.:crazy:

After watching this kid torch Gallatin's secondary several times Friday night I'll be very happy to see him with an orange T on his helmet. :thumbsup:

After watching this kid torch Gallatin's secondary several times Friday night I'll be very happy to see him with an orange T on his helmet. :thumbsup:
I have seen him play for several years and I agree 100% with you. I hope he can start somewhere on the team pretty quick.He's got talent/skills.

Im just so happy that we're not losing our in-state talent to other SEC teams

VN Store

Back