Got a "Cool story bro"

red_air69

Rep'n Volnation in AF
So in 2011 when the whole Libya deal kicked off, they deployed us out to Greece to help out. While I was there during football season there was a retired Navy guy (Im Air Force) running the compound we were staying in. Upon first meeting him he was wearing some some eye glasses with an orange frame...I said "sweet glasses man", and he informed me he was a Vol Fan. I thought hell yea halfway around the world Volnation is reppin" everywhere. We talked and he was a pretty knowledgable guy and he even invited me and a buddy over for a few games we just never took him up on them because we were plastered most of the time watching the games. Didnt want to act a fool in his house with his family around. Anyways I came back after we got Gaddafhi or however you spell it and was scouring youtube as I often so and I found the video below and lost it. Had to call my buddy and have him take a look and he also was blown away. I had no idea how big of a Vol fan this guy was and didnt know wether to laugh at this video or give him a Hell yea for having the balls to post it. Anyways thought I would share. Now stationed back in Warner Robins, GA its pretty crazy. So without further ado (sp) from Greece:

University Tennessee Football Motivational Speech - YouTube

Reactions: 9 people
Robins AFB is still going huh...stationed there in 94...and yes a cool story :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Not gonna lie, stopped watching when he pronounced Neyland like Nayland. But yes, very cool story bro. Thanks for all that you do

Reactions: 3 people
Not gonna lie, stopped watching when he pronounced Neyland like Nayland. But yes, very cool story bro. Thanks for all that you do

HAHA NO DOUBT DUDE!! Me too. That shirt is kinda tight too....seems like its got a training bra made into it.:yahoo:

Love the military. Would like to throw in concerning the 2% he said helps keep our freedom , true, and the brave heroic soldiers buried in the ground are the foundation of our freedom . Just saying.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
AF vet myself. Over in the first Gulf war in Riyadh there were Vol fans there. We are everywhere! Go Vols!

images

Wow, small world! Must admit I enjoyed wearing my bright orange jackets and hats from 86-94 in Warner Robins joja. Wonder how the base looks now.....

Wow, small world! Must admit I enjoyed wearing my bright orange jackets and hats from 86-94 in Warner Robins joja. Wonder how the base looks now.....

IMO its be best kept secret in the AF. 4 day work weeks, 10 hour days. Every week its 3 days for the weekend. Never gets old.:rock::rock:

So in 2011 when the whole Libya deal kicked off, they deployed us out to Greece to help out. While I was there during football season there was a retired Navy guy (Im Air Force) running the compound we were staying in. Upon first meeting him he was wearing some some eye glasses with an orange frame...I said "sweet glasses man", and he informed me he was a Vol Fan. I thought hell yea halfway around the world Volnation is reppin" everywhere. We talked and he was a pretty knowledgable guy and he even invited me and a buddy over for a few games we just never took him up on them because we were plastered most of the time watching the games. Didnt want to act a fool in his house with his family around. Anyways I came back after we got Gaddafhi or however you spell it and was scouring youtube as I often so and I found the video below and lost it. Had to call my buddy and have him take a look and he also was blown away. I had no idea how big of a Vol fan this guy was and didnt know wether to laugh at this video or give him a Hell yea for having the balls to post it. Anyways thought I would share. Now stationed back in Warner Robins, GA its pretty crazy. So without further ado (sp) from Greece:

University Tennessee Football Motivational Speech - YouTube

My best friends dad now lives in warner Robbins. He's retired air force very cool guy. His son ( my buddies younger brother ) is now air force too. Great story. Everywhere you go. . The big orange will be there. ;)

VN Store

Back