Gotta Pay your Fair Share

Plenty of exceptions that the IRS could have used to justify penalty removal. The fact that a law is needed for the IRS to do their job is why huge cuts in discretionary spending is needed.

Failure to file or pay penalties
You may qualify for penalty relief if you demonstrate that you exercised ordinary care and prudence and were nevertheless unable to file your return or pay your taxes on time.

Examples of valid reasons for failing to file or pay on time may include:

Fires, natural disasters or civil disturbances

Inability to get records

Death, serious illness or unavoidable absence of the taxpayer or immediate family

System issues that delayed a timely electronic filing or payment

It’s not a retirement plan. It’s a social welfare program.

It’s not your money any more than the taxes that were taken from you to fund the military are.

Why should it be equitable? People that don’t have children pay into the education system but don’t receive direct benefits in return. Those with children can have a direct benefit.

We aren’t going to have everybody that can’t afford basic living expenses be homeless and destitute. It’s what civilized societies do.
your move.

The answer that would make everyone (except accountants and tax lawyers) happy is simple. An index sized tax form. Income goes on line A. 0.10 (ten percent)goes on line B. Multiply A times B for line C (your tax bill) and you are done.

This is Federal Income Tax and you’re referencing a point made about Social Security. Dumb argument that you’re attempting to make.

You must vote democrat. You posted a lie.
SS is a tax on my income. FIT is a tax on my income.

how come one belongs to me, but the other doesn't in your world?

SS is a tax on my income. FIT is a tax on my income.

how come one belongs to me, but the other doesn't in your world?

Did I say that one belongs to you? Or are you making that up?

You’re confused about Social Security and think that 90 years in you are entitled to change SS from a defined benefits type of program to a defined contribution program.

Did I say that one belongs to you? Or are you making that up?

You’re confused about Social Security and think that 90 years in you are entitled to change SS from a defined benefits type of program to a defined contribution program.
you said I was dumb when I said that you thought it wasn't our money that they were taking. and here you are validating my stance.

entitled? When did I imply I was entitled to make a change? I have simply offered a solution that would yield more and cost less. but you seem threatened by change and would rather see the ship sink than turn the rudder.

its telling that you have had to resort to several personal attacks.

you said I was dumb when I said that you thought it wasn't our money that they were taking. and here you are validating my stance.

entitled? When did I imply I was entitled to make a change? I have simply offered a solution that would yield more and cost less. but you seem threatened by change and would rather see the ship sink than turn the rudder.

its telling that you have had to resort to several personal attacks.

I said that it was dumb to say I said what I didn’t say. You posted something entirely different and missing the context. It was a dumb post.

I said that it was dumb to say I said what I didn’t say. You posted something entirely different and missing the context. It was a dumb post.
except it is EXACTLY what you posted. I was able to quote you.

you haven't explained how they are different. or explained how one tax on my income is different than another tax on my income.

I suspect you are going to go into another long winded legalese diatribe again that doesn't actually make any point to counter what I have said.

VN Store

Back