Governor Bill Lee Extends COVID State of Emergency Order

Franklin Pierce

Tennessee Governor Bill Lee on Friday extended the Limited State of Emergency, which has been in effect for more than a year, allowing a continuation of his emergency powers.

Further, the order from the governor allows National Guard troops to continue to assist in vaccination efforts and other “certain health care” functions throughout the state. The order also allows the state to maintain federal compliance.

In the executive order, Lee based the reason for extending the directive was to “facilitate economic and other recovery, and to maintain federal compliance and eligibility.”

The declaration, originally scheduled to end July 30, will now expire on August 29 — assuming Lee does not issue an additional extension.

Governor Bill Lee Extends COVID State of Emergency Order - Tennessee Star

One day Tennesseans will realize what a wasted opportunity we blew with a (R) governor and a (R) supermajority.
I can't wrap my mind around understanding these TN republicans. Although I will say they may be marginally better than Georgia's because I can't see the election fiasco that happened down there happening up here. But 2020 showed me a lot about certain people, so who knows.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee on Friday extended the Limited State of Emergency, which has been in effect for more than a year, allowing a continuation of his emergency powers.

Further, the order from the governor allows National Guard troops to continue to assist in vaccination efforts and other “certain health care” functions throughout the state. The order also allows the state to maintain federal compliance.

In the executive order, Lee based the reason for extending the directive was to “facilitate economic and other recovery, and to maintain federal compliance and eligibility.”

The declaration, originally scheduled to end July 30, will now expire on August 29 — assuming Lee does not issue an additional extension.

Governor Bill Lee Extends COVID State of Emergency Order - Tennessee Star
I look forward to Lee suspending the next election under a state of emergency and declaring himself king of Tennessee until we go 30 days without a positive case.

My sister finished 8th at US swimming Olympic trials about a decade ago. She is extremely uncomfortable with the idea that trans athletes can compete. It's nuts. Morally wrong. And stupid.

I actually think they shouldn't compete against women. But I don't think it's an issue that warrants the attention of legislators.

VN Store

Back