Great news, Donde re-ups for 5 more years

THIS is HUGE for UT Athletics, especially the football program.
We FINALLY have a President, Chancellor, and AD that are in complete alignment with the goals and expectations.

It was asked in another thread "How long does CJH stay?"...this is kind of your answer.
As long as Randy Boyd is here, he is going to fight to keep Donde Plowman, who is going to fight to keep Danny White, who in return will do what needs to be done to keep Coach Heupel.

UT is setting themselves up for some very, very, long term success.

Much admiration from me to the Dr.! She showed more balls than any male Chancellor in the country when she sued the NCAA and got a very quick settlement!
Technically the Tennessee attorney general sued the ncaa but she was part of what got the ball rolling. We had people in leadership roles that were prepared for the ncaa before they started the witch hunt this time.

THIS is HUGE for UT Athletics, especially the football program.
We FINALLY have a President, Chancellor, and AD that are in complete alignment with the goals and expectations.

It was asked in another thread "How long does CJH stay?"...this is kind of your answer.
As long as Randy Boyd is here, he is going to fight to keep Donde Plowman, who is going to fight to keep Danny White, who in return will do what needs to be done to keep Coach Heupel.

UT is setting themselves up for some very, very, long term success.
Pretty much. Really important to have a successor for her at some point that fits in with what she’s accomplished with White and Boyd. I feel like eventually she might want to retire but I hope not. 😂

Got her through 2029 and Randy Boyd through 2030.

How important is Donde? Dr Danny has in his contract if Donde is not the Chancellor he has no buy-out.

Love that lady, she is 72 and looks and acts like she is 42. You da one, Donde!
She is an incredible leader. No way she’s 72. I‘m shocked…. We are so fortunate to have her and Randy Boyd in charge of UT!

I saw this on here somewhere but have forgotten and I'm sure it was photoshopped or AI. But, someone posted UT Rifelman Tshirt with an image of Donde imposed instead of man in coon skin hat.........I, for one, thought that was totally awesome and apropos' for what she's done! University, I'm sure, wouldn't sanction such a retail offering but, if I could find some print shop to do one for me I'd wear that everywhere I go In TN and while I'm in FL!!!!!

One of my highlights in Omaha was getting to meet her and chat for a few minutes. I find her incredibly inspiring —was doing my best not to fan girl.

Hope we keep all of our leadership team in place for years to come.

We met her shortly after she became Chancellor at a reception at the Read House in Chattanooga. We talked to her for about 5 minutes. When we were finished I looked at my wife and said, "I don't know what, "IT," is but she sure as hell has it.

She is a wonderful ambassador for the University. We need to keep her, Boyd, White, and Heupel as long as we can.
It's NEVER the wrong move to hire quality people! My father-in-law, who was VP of a large corporation, constantly told me "ALWAYS SEEK TO HIRE PEOPLE WHO ARE BETTER, SMARTER, AND MORE TALENTED THAN YOU ARE....ALWAYS"! I think that's what UT did with Randy, Donde, and Danny!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Got her through 2029 and Randy Boyd through 2030.

How important is Donde? Dr Danny has in his contract if Donde is not the Chancellor he has no buy-out.

Love that lady, she is 72 and looks and acts like she is 42. You da one, Donde!

Plowman has been the best chancellor Tennessee has had since the 1980's to 1990's.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back