Great read on Vol Great, Jason Witten

Will never forget sittin in the end zone at the Arkansas game and watching him break open down the middle to win it... He was a great player

Several Oregon fans oooohed and aaaahhed at the pre-game highlights of Witten rambling down the field. One behind me said "Oh my, I didn't know HE played here."

The guy was a beast.

Also like what Holtz said before coaching against him. "The only way to stop him is to jump on his back and turn off the oxygen supply". Overdramatic Holtz, but still funny and flattering.

Reactions: 2 people
From the end zone angle you can see how Witten releases outside, directly at his defender, and gets him to move his feet. This sets the nickel back up for the inside break Witten makes at the top of the route. Once Witten has broken inside, he's in full power forward mode: The defender is simply boxed out from having any chance at making a play. Witten has become a master at the subtle techniques of making this multifaceted route work.
I love the X's and O's of football and this is exactly what Witten has perfected and IMO does better than any other NFL receiver, ever. First time HOF'er!

Long story made short, I sat by a man I had never seen before and we started talking. What I remember him saying, "You see that #1? (on special teams).
He's Jason Whitten from Elizabethan and he is going to be special." From that moment on I watched him anytime he was on the field.

Wow, he was right.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back