Great Site

Aggie99

Hey, just found your site here. I have been looking for an "Independent" Vol Site for a couple weeks, and this one is by far the best (so I took the time to register).

Anyway, I have been reading about your team so that I am knowledgeable about the Cotton Bowl Matchup. WHOA!!

At first I thought it would be easy (maybe that makes me arrogant...and I apologize). But then I woke up and realized "Hey, these guys made it to the SEC Title game." "This is a 9-3 SEC team, that really should be 9-2 with an SEC Championship."

After those two facts sunk in, I realized how much I should start worrying. Afterall, you dont accomplish that in the SEC without being darn good football team.

Ok, so I am not here to just kiss butt. I think it will be a game, but a little reading brought my head out of the clouds and put my butt back into reality.

Anyway, I will hopefully have time to be around a bunch before the Cotton Bowl, but if not, I will be around from time to time to keep up with UT Football. Afterall, my father-in-law is a Tenn Alum. He is living in Houston TX and has spent the past few years just following the Ags, as both his daughters (and myself) went to A&M and he has grown fond of the place. He will be sitting in the Tenn Section with an A&M Polo Shirt on, and a UT Hat.

See you guys on New Years Day!!!!

As I have continued to say, the Aggie faithful have been nothing but class on here. Welcome to the Nation, and make this your home.

Welcome to the Nation, it should be a good matchup, looking forward to a great game

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!! I agree, I have never seen such a classy group of fans!!!! Here's to a great and INJURY FREE game!!!!!!!! :cross: :good: B)

Originally posted by Volunteer@Dec 20, 2004 8:35 AM
I'm surprised A&M is the favorite....nobody should lose to Baylor.

I don't see how we should be favored, just look at our last 4 bowl games. :(

You guys are very classy welcome to the vol world maybe you might get converted!!!!!! :peace2:

Originally posted by BWeller18+Dec 20, 2004 10:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BWeller18 @ Dec 20, 2004 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volunteer@Dec 20, 2004 8:35 AM
I&#39;m surprised A&M is the favorite....nobody should lose to Baylor.

I don&#39;t see how we should be favored, just look at our last 4 bowl games. :( [/quote]
should have just mentioned the last 2 bowl games..... or 3 of the last 4..... remember, before the last 2 Peach Bowls, the Vols dismantled Michigan 45-17.

i do agree, however, that the underdog status is partly due to the Vols recent performances in the Peach Bowl.

...nobody should lose to Baylor.

Agreed&#33; But every streak comes to an end. I guess whipping them 19 years straight was a little too much. If they get one win for every 19 of ours....I would take that.

You guys had a close one vs. Vandy. Although the main difference is that you guys pulled it out in the end. Those teams are hard to get pumped up for, and if you dont, they will sneak up and bite you in the rear.

We pretty much played every team close this year, minus the first couple of games. I expect that the A&M game will be close too. Our football team is very young, but they are talented. It should be a good one.

Originally posted by Aggie99@Dec 20, 2004 12:41 PM
...nobody should lose to Baylor.

Agreed&#33; But every streak comes to an end. I guess whipping them 19 years straight was a little too much. If they get one win for every 19 of ours....I would take that.

You guys had a close one vs. Vandy. Although the main difference is that you guys pulled it out in the end. Those teams are hard to get pumped up for, and if you dont, they will sneak up and bite you in the rear.

True, the win over Vanderbilt this year made it 22 in-a-row. The last Vanderbilt team to beat Tennessee was in 1982 by a score of 28-21. Ironically, that is the last Vanderbilt team with a winning record and bowl trip. There have been close ones, but the Vols always &#39;pull it out&#39;.... so I usually don&#39;t rate the Vols on their performance against Vanderbilt.... unless they were to actually lose.... which they haven&#39;t in a long time.... so yes, that is the main difference between Tennessee vs Vanderbilt and Texas A&M vs Baylor.

2004 38-33
1997 17-10
1996 14-7
1995 12-7
1992 29-25
1989 17-10
1988 14-7
1987 38-36

Note as you look at the dates and scores above. From 1995-97, the Vols won 32 and lost only 5... during Manning&#39;s final 3 seasons. All 3 of those seasons the Vols finished in the top 10.

VN Store

Back