Great Stuff...Go Israel

therealUT

Rational Thought Allowed?
Back at home, doomsayers are virtually blaming Israel for higher oil prices, slumping stocks, and a potential recession. But there will be no recession. The jittery oil-price jump is a short-term event, and when military actions are completed in the Middle East, prices will plummet. If need be, the U.S. can tap into 688 million barrels of strategic oil reserves, at least two months of import protection. And if Iran attempts to stop the oil flow in the Strait of Hormuz, it will take the U.S. and Israel about 35 minutes to knock out the entire Iranian navy and air force.

Recession? American businesses have never been healthier or more profitable. Lower tax rates have spurred a tremendous boom in private investment, while new job hires continue to lift family incomes. Today’s wartime uncertainty and geopolitical risk will not turn these fundamentals around. Indeed, strong world economic growth will continue, spurred by the spread of the very-American-style free-market capitalism that the Axis of Evil and its terrorist divisions are unsuccessfully trying to overthrow.

Proportionality is a recognized principle of just-war theory. And it is often completely inappropriate. I recall attending a lecture on laws of war and asking an Air Force officer what he thought about it. He said, “Pilots don’t believe in proportionality. We like disproportionality. All of our guys come home, none of their guys do. That’s how we do business.”

48 hours left until Syria is wiped off the map!

My mistake...the excitement of the moment caught up to me.

First comment is by Larry Kudlow Israel's Moment; Free Worlds Gain

Second comment by James S. Robbins Payback by Proxy

The jittery oil-price jump is a short-term event, and when military actions are completed in the Middle East, prices will plummet.

Yeah ok.. :rolleyes:

How long has the Middle East fighting?

The price jump is purely based on speculation that Iran is going to cut off their oil exports...therefore if Israel can threated Iran enough that Iran quits posturing, then yes, oil prices will plummet. It is completely logical OWB.

When you say "plummet", do you mean $78.00 to $72.00?

That would be nice, but I don't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

(therealUT @ Jul 17 said:
Nope, I mean $78 to $50 or $55.

I think you can probably safely say goodbye forever to the days of $50/barrel oil.

(Vol423 @ Jul 17 said:
I think you can probably safely say goodbye forever to the days of $50/barrel oil.
The world is running out of oil so there is only one thing that oil can do and that is to go up. If there is all out war then it will go up fast if no war then it will go slow it will never go back down except maybe a few dollarsw at a time. So we better get use to it and change our ways now! :bad:

Looks like Israel is pissed off and they're not going to take it anymore. They've just opened up another front and now they're taking it to the Palestinians too. Tanks just rolled into Gaza.

(westtnorangeman @ Jul 18 said:
The world is running out of oil so there is only one thing that oil can do and that is to go up. If there is all out war then it will go up fast if no war then it will go slow it will never go back down except maybe a few dollarsw at a time. So we better get use to it and change our ways now! :bad:

None of us will ever see oil run out. Our kids might but not us. We do need to change and get away from it though.

(utvolpj @ Jul 18 said:
None of us will ever see oil run out. Our kids might but not us. We do need to change and get away from it though.

You mean we're not headed for this?

[attachmentid=5588]

Attachments

• road20warrior20pic.jpg
    road20warrior20pic.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 2
(westtnorangeman @ Jul 18 said:

Interesting, the bottom dropped out of oil prices in the 80s under Reagan...and since we are always running out of oil, weren't we running out of oil then?

How much do oil do we get from the Middle East, 15%?

We get 40% from the Western Hemisphere.........right?

VN Store

Back