Greg Norman says Tiger is intimidated by McIlroy

2ironVol

Anyone see Norman's comment yesterday?

I have always liked Greg Norman but his take on the passing of the torch is both delusional and a bit misguided. He says Jack took it from Arnie and he took it from Jack and Tiger took it from him and now Rory is taking from Tiger. What about Tom Watson? Most any informed follower of the game put Watson on a higher pedestal than Norman among the game's greats. I would say that Watson took it from Nicklaus then passed it to a combination of Faldo, Norman and Seve. From there Tiger took it.

Thoughts?????

Also, does anyone really believe Tiger is intimidated by Rory? While Rory is putting out of his mind right now, I have a hard time believing Tiger could be intimidated by anyone.

Just ridiculous. Greg Norman is a head case for the ages.

The torch definitely was in Tom Watson's hand in the early 80s and then guys like Norman, Kite, Seve, Faldo, Olazabal, Price, Couples and Stewart took turns getting hot for about 10 years until Tiger came along.

Tiger may realize that when McIroy is on his "A" game, he may not be able to beat him...but that's a far cry from saying he's intimidated.

VN Store

Back