Greg Scruggs

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
This weekend is obviously important for the Vols as they travel down I-75 to try and win an SEC Championship. The following weekend is important as well as Tennessee is expected to host over 10 official visitors. One of those making the trip to Knoxville is Cincinnati, Ohio defensive end Greg Scruggs.

any chance? also, how do you host guys when everyone will be in Atlanta? can they go with the team?

This weekend is obviously important for the Vols as they travel down I-75 to try and win an SEC Championship. The following weekend is important as well as Tennessee is expected to host over 10 official visitors. One of those making the trip to Knoxville is Cincinnati, Ohio defensive end Greg Scruggs.

any chance? also, how do you host guys when everyone will be in Atlanta? can they go with the team?

It says the following weekend.

ok I know greg scruggs is the hot name in recruiting right now...but why? yeah, it's a great story about he went from being a band dork to a football player but is he really a top notch prospect. rivals lists him at 6'5 220 with a 4.7 40. not that impressive.

throw in his lack of expirience and I am wondering just what people are seeing in this guy because some are billing him as the 2nd coming...

ok I know greg scruggs is the hot name in recruiting right now...but why? yeah, it's a great story about he went from being a band dork to a football player but is he really a top notch prospect. rivals lists him at 6'5 220 with a 4.7 40. not that impressive.

throw in his lack of expirience and I am wondering just what people are seeing in this guy because some are billing him as the 2nd coming...

Probably because he was dominant for the 2nd ranked team in the country against some very tough competition. Also, the fact that he is in his first year of football since 6th grade and he is doing this well should tell you what he could do with some college coaching.
Rivals list him at 230 and running a 4.7 with most likely very little training at that size is actually quite impressive IMO.
Also, he comes from a very good school so is grades and character should be pretty good as well.

You got to be kidding me if you don't see something in this guy. True talent. Good kid.
But back to the talent, he led the St. X defense to a State Championship and an undefeated season. I'm not sure but I think he led the team in tackles, the undisputed leader of the defense.
I saw him live twice and he can fly around the football field. If you saw him play everything you said you'd take back. Hope to see him join Ben in wearing the big orange.

thats just it...I haven't seen him play. there's no video on him, so you can understand why I am skeptical. still looking for stats...video?

4.7 is plenty fast for a defensive end.

Take my word for Scruggs, he is about as good as Ben Martin. Maybe better with some coaching. This is a can't miss prospect.

VN Store

Back